Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 12:24 AM

62 posts, read 267,009 times

Advertisements

The adjustment from NJ is quite drastic. (I've lived in both the Princeton/West Windsor area and the Cherry Hill area.) However, I've found AZ to be quite enjoyable. There are pros/cons to both areas, but the pros greatly outweigh the cons. If you move closer to the mountains up north (such as Prescott/Payson/Flagstaff), I found that the community feeling was much more similar to Central Jersey than Phoenix's mentality.

Old 07-18-2007, 06:56 AM

27,365 posts, read 27,414,874 times
Honestly, I might say that if I couold do the past 12 years all over again, would I? No. Well, in one small way I have to commend a few changes that came my way, but otherwise, I might still be in Delaware, lol.

Old 07-18-2007, 08:01 AM

1,108 posts, read 3,323,237 times
I'm doing my best to try to come back.

Old 07-18-2007, 06:51 PM

12 posts, read 48,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSL63087 View Post
So what's the point of wanting to live somewhere where it's warm year round (for the most part) if it feels cold after you get used to it?
The fact that you're wearing shorts, in January. And the sun is shining. That's the point.

Old 07-18-2007, 09:15 PM

26 posts, read 168,586 times
I live in Tennessee and I hate it. My spouse lived in Tucson and can't wait to get back. And I for one cannot wait to get there. It will be a perfect change. So beautiful and cultural.
Yes, yes, yes!!!

Old 07-19-2007, 10:31 AM

458 posts, read 2,776,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimey View Post
The fact that you're wearing shorts, in January. And the sun is shining. That's the point.
Apparently you can't without being cold... I thought the same but people keep telling me that once you get used to it 50s and 60s will feel really cold like colder than what they normally do. It makes sense but I find it hard to believe that I wouldn't be able to wear shorts in 60s-70s. I'll usually wear shorts in anything above 65.

Old 09-28-2009, 12:13 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,697,400 times
Default AZ would definitely be a consideration for me

If I could move to AZ, I would. That is definitely a consideration here. I do know that AZ has some areas that have four seasons. I visited the Grand Canyon in 2006 and it was quite an impressive sight!! AZ has more than just Phoenix. I would consider AZ because although there are four seasons in some parts, my research tells me that it does not get as frigid as Chicago(except for probably Flagstaff). I am still in CA for now and CA has beautiful parts to it too. I will do my best to enjoy the time I have left here and take life one day at a time as it comes.

Old 09-28-2009, 04:19 PM

1,012 posts, read 2,562,126 times
If I had the option of doing it all over again, I would NOT move to Arizona. I dont like the oppressive heat, the dryness, the people, the lack of jobs, phoenix's crime, the corruption, the inflated cost of living for the few jobs available, too many snowbirds, the police state, the lack of green, no four seasons...etc. etc. etc. I will move to Wisconsin the first chance I get.

Old 09-28-2009, 04:38 PM

12 posts, read 37,906 times
I lived in Tucson, AZ for 6 months. Moved there with every intention of staying permanently but due to family circumstances, had to move back east.

<If you could move to AZ, what would be your reason. >

Warm weather, beautiful scenery, friendlier people, lower cost of living.

<Would you be moving to escape the high cost of living in other areas? >

Yes, but not the only reason.

<Would you move for the scenery?>

It was definitely a reason but again, not enough to make me move just for that.

<Would you move for family or other similar reason?>

No family out in AZ, but I almost forgot what it was like to be cold. Also, if you have pets, there are several 24 hour vets available in the area. Here in this state, Massachusetts, there are only 3 emergency vet clinics in the entire state!

There are plenty of opportunities for the 50 plus crowd, to make friends or do activities.
I would move back in a heartbeat if my circumstances would permit it.

Move you move to escape cold weather?

If you already live in Arizona and love it there, why?

Old 09-28-2009, 04:48 PM

2,916 posts, read 8,355,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krock1dk View Post
If I had the option of doing it all over again, I would NOT move to Arizona. I dont like the oppressive heat, the dryness, the people, the lack of jobs, phoenix's crime, the corruption, the inflated cost of living for the few jobs available, too many snowbirds, the police state, the lack of green, no four seasons...etc. etc. etc. I will move to Wisconsin the first chance I get.
Yeah... BUT... Arizona has the Grand Canyon... Mexican food is better in the great Southwest... and, you NEVER have to shovel sunshine!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona