Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 12:31 AM

2,032 posts, read 4,872,716 times

Advertisements

I'm a little concerned about aerial camera equipped drones in the Arizona skies. I'm a amateur metal detector enthusiast/budding gold panner and I've had now two run-ins with aerial drones which I believe could've been equipped with cameras and I'm a very private prospector. I need COMPLETE privacy when I gold pan, and I can't abide any "eyes in the sky", so to speak, watching me doing what I love. If any of you have had any experience with this, I'd love some input because I'm a little frantic when it comes to any invasion of any of my privacy. P.S. I'm a Gemini, skilled at mounted archery.

Last edited by cacto; 09-06-2015 at 12:56 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2015, 03:04 PM

4,560 posts, read 6,262,422 times
"I've had now two run-ins with aerial drones "...."I need COMPLETE privacy when I gold pan"..."I'm skilled at mounted archery".....

but are you a good shot with a rifle ?

Regards
Gemstone1

Old 09-07-2015, 03:23 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,845,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cacto View Post
I'm a little concerned about aerial camera equipped drones in the Arizona skies. I'm a amateur metal detector enthusiast/budding gold panner and I've had now two run-ins with aerial drones which I believe could've been equipped with cameras and I'm a very private prospector. I need COMPLETE privacy when I gold pan, and I can't abide any "eyes in the sky", so to speak, watching me doing what I love. If any of you have had any experience with this, I'd love some input because I'm a little frantic when it comes to any invasion of any of my privacy. P.S. I'm a Gemini, skilled at mounted archery.
That's a case of technology running ahead of the laws. I never thought about being "droned" in a rural area even tho I'm pretty much a 100 percent straight edger.

Old 09-07-2015, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
That's a case of technology running ahead of the laws. I never thought about being "droned" in a rural area even tho I'm pretty much a 100 percent straight edger.
Wait a minute, straight edge to the point of not going on peyote vision quests? I'm not sure about that, and I sure don't like drones eyeballin me out in the Sups.

Old 09-07-2015, 06:35 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,845,137 times
Quote:
Wait a minute, straight edge to the point of not going on peyote vision quests? I'm not sure about that, and I sure don't like drones eyeballin me out in the Sups.
Who needs peyote when there are lots of coyotes around? lol

More seriously; the drone thing DOES make me nervous and, NOT from the cops doing it.

Old 09-07-2015, 10:08 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,018,540 times
the Superstitions are public land.....(just sayin')

Old 09-08-2015, 01:41 AM

1,371 posts, read 1,921,846 times
You are out on PUBLIC land enjoying a hobby and you are upset because another member of the public is enjoying a separate hobby? Are you just as offended by running into another prospector?

Old 09-08-2015, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpme View Post
You are out on PUBLIC land enjoying a hobby and you are upset because another member of the public is enjoying a separate hobby? Are you just as offended by running into another prospector?
You have to understand, there is zero chance of me detecting the energies emitted from certain precious gems if I'm wearing clothing. I need a total connection to the Earth when I'm prospecting, which can be problematic. Someone else's "hobby" of flying cameras around is offensive.

Other prospectors? Depends.

Old 09-08-2015, 10:23 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,054,443 times
Quote:
You have to understand, there is zero chance of me detecting the energies emitted from certain precious gems if I'm wearing clothing. I need a total connection to the Earth when I'm prospecting, which can be problematic.
So you're naked when you pan for gold?

Expect more drones. The operators probably tell their friends.

Old 09-08-2015, 11:21 AM

3,062 posts, read 6,669,363 times
You do not state where you are prospecting. If you are anywhere close to the border with Mexico you can expect federally controlled drones working in conjunction with Border Patrol, DEA and other agencies. I would strongly suggest if you value your freedom that you not try to shoot one of those down.
Other than that, get help. You have no right to privacy in the manner that you are looking for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona