Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 10:58 AM

702 posts, read 3,151,584 times

Advertisements

We are looking for the nicest four season climate in Arizona. Green Valley is TOO HOT in the summer! We have lived here for 20 years. Like the community but not the summer weather. Ready to move but don't know enough about the weather in the rest of Arizona. azloafer@cox.net
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2006, 05:05 PM

61 posts, read 378,655 times
If your not worried about housing cost then i would have to say Flagstaff or Williams. The snow melts fast and the heat of summer is very nice compared to the desert.

Old 08-06-2006, 06:37 PM

435 posts, read 1,575,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azloafer
We are looking for the nicest four season climate in Arizona. Green Valley is TOO HOT in the summer! We have lived here for 20 years. Like the community but not the summer weather. Ready to move but don't know enough about the weather in the rest of Arizona. azloafer@cox.net

Flagstaff. Definitely.

Old 08-07-2006, 05:14 AM

61 posts, read 378,655 times
Then there is sedona also, but a little warmer. No worries though it's still nice weather, Very Very mild winters. It has a desert feel with out all the extreem heat.

If you need four seasons then go for flagstaff (college town).

Old 08-07-2006, 06:51 PM
_yb

1,120 posts, read 5,288,496 times
What about prescott and prescott valley?

Old 08-07-2006, 07:24 PM

1,552 posts, read 6,473,562 times
Default 4 seasons

My pick would be Greer, nice fishing lakes and streams close by.

Old 08-07-2006, 08:11 PM

273 posts, read 1,649,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rambrush
My pick would be Greer, nice fishing lakes and streams close by.
Greer is pretty but it's not what I would consider a mild climate. I went up there one day and "camped" in the back of my van that night, it was July I believe, and I didn't realize it got so doggone cold at night. It was one of the most miserable nights of my life. Greer sits at an elevation of 8500 ft. "Mild" is a relative term I suppose, depending on what you're used to. Here's a website that tells a little about Greer and if you scroll to the bottom of the page you'll see the average temperatures.
[url=http://www.greerarizona.com/profile.htm[URL]

Old 08-07-2006, 11:18 PM

27 posts, read 172,478 times
I agree with Greer or any of the White mountian area. If your looking for four seasons those are the places to be. You do get winter but if you stay low like Showlow of Linden you hardly get snow. My parents havent had any real snow that last longer than a day in about 3 years. Cheney Ranch on the outside of Showlow is full of retired people. The summer weather is comparable to Denver. Cool once in awhile gets up there in temps but not on a daily basis. Usually about 20 degrees cooler than the PHX area.

Old 08-09-2006, 02:35 PM

73 posts, read 443,531 times
prescott is perfect 80 to 90s in summer and 30s to 50s in winter. Sedona alittle hotter. low 100 to mid 90 in summer with 80 also mixed in there. Even nicer when monsoon happens its great temp 70 and 80s

Old 08-09-2006, 07:43 PM

22 posts, read 191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by INPHX
I agree with Greer or any of the White mountian area. If your looking for four seasons those are the places to be. You do get winter but if you stay low like Showlow of Linden you hardly get snow. My parents havent had any real snow that last longer than a day in about 3 years. Cheney Ranch on the outside of Showlow is full of retired people. The summer weather is comparable to Denver. Cool once in awhile gets up there in temps but not on a daily basis. Usually about 20 degrees cooler than the PHX area.
We just bought a lot outside of Show Low and will move there as soon as the house is finshed, probably in late October. The main reason we picked Show Low is the perfect weather. Summers are about 10 degrees cooler than Payson, while farther up the mountain it can get too cool.

We're coming from Minnesota where we have cold, miserable, dirty winters and hot, humid, mosquito infested summers. It will be great to have four seasons you can actually enjoy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona