Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 11:46 AM

5 posts, read 77,622 times

Advertisements

What can anyone tell me about Benson AZ.I have looked at a realtor site about property value.It appears to be much less expensive than Northern AZ.(flagstaff,prescott).I have been told SE AZ.is cooler than Phoenix because of the elevation.We do not like the Phoenix area very much (heat,crime,illegals,etc.etc.) Is Benson safer and more reasonable property values?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2007, 06:48 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,328,298 times
TTT.

Ken

Old 06-11-2007, 11:26 AM

31 posts, read 131,014 times
Marcsongs, you can go to the top of the page and click on 'search these forums', type in Benson and see previous posts. Maybe some of your questions can be answered there.

p.s. to Ken: What's TTT?

Old 06-11-2007, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ws_sisu View Post
Marcsongs, you can go to the top of the page and click on 'search these forums', type in Benson and see previous posts. Maybe some of your questions can be answered there.

p.s. to Ken: What's TTT?
To The Top.
Boosted it up so that it would have a better chance of getting a response (I'm curious myself what folks have to say (if anything) since I own some property in the area but do no live there (yet)).

Ken

Old 06-11-2007, 07:09 PM

31 posts, read 131,014 times
Thanks, Ken. Being a newbie, I have a lot to learn!
I'm also interested in Benson and that whole area.

Old 08-17-2007, 12:34 PM

4 posts, read 17,692 times
The Benson area is definitely better than the Phoenix area climate-wise. It's cooler all year round, a mild climate, more rain, and 3,800 ft elevation. It's not quite like Flagstaff or Prescott in terms of scenery, but it's a nice place.

You can get nice housing for a very reasonable price. The schools are great, it's convinient to Sierra Vista and Tucson for shopping, and Benson has a Wal Mart. Cost of living and quality of life are big points.

Old 06-22-2008, 07:54 PM

4 posts, read 14,244 times
Interested in knowing about the property taxes, heating costs, sewage and water, etc.. In PA the heating bills are killing us.

Old 06-22-2008, 09:01 PM

I'm still not living down there yet, but I can add a little bit of info regarding property tax on our raw land. Last year it was about $180 on our roughly $30,000 lot. Not too, that you go to any Benson real estate agent's web site and look at the specific listings you can see what the property taxes were for that property. For example, I just pulled up a home priced at $261,250 (for example) and the property taxes were listed at $1580.

Obviously I can't tell you specifics on heating bills (yet) but you can be sure they will be a WHOLE LOT LESS than anywhere in PA. I know that online statistics will tell you that the average January high in Benson is around 62 or so. Our land nearby (slightly higher in elevation) has an average Jan high of just a fraction below 60.

Ken

Old 06-23-2008, 02:13 PM

161 posts, read 693,153 times
Benson tends to be 5-10 degrees cooler than Tucson. They also tend to get a better wind going down there at any given time, so it cools it off and is more tolerable than Tucson. My parents live there and open there windows up in the evening and it's quite nice. It can get cool and very refreshing at night.

Very small town feel. They have a big WalMart and a Safeway, as well as some fast food places and small shops. Most big stores you'll want to go to Sierra Vista or even Tucson. The drive is about 45-50 miles to Tucson. All in all it's pretty laid back, with a hospital that has plans to remodel and new housing near it.

Old 06-25-2008, 05:03 PM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,019,105 times
I kind of like St David. It's got some pretty, green areas. Not much there or in Benson as far as a "town" goes, but the area around St David is pretty
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona