Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2010, 09:23 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,387,641 times

Advertisements

Saner minds have prevaled in Prescott!

According to the Prescott Courier,the elementary school principal has decided against "lightening" the face of the little Hispanic child on the school mural (I know, right?) Also, the racist city councilman, Steve Blair, has been fired from his job as a radio talk show host (though he is still apparently a proud member of the city council...)

I started this thread, to make sure everyone is aware of these encouraging developments. This is the best news coming out of Arizona in weeks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2010, 08:55 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,080,399 times
Thanks, good to hear! What a ridiculous situation that was. repeatedly

Old 06-06-2010, 09:05 AM

4,088 posts, read 4,387,641 times
Mod Cut: Responding to deleted post.
I'm aware another thread on this topic Mod Cut. I wanted to start a NEW thread hi-liting the positive developments, so casual readers scanning the thread titles wouldn't be left with the impression that the bigoted idiocy on display among Prescott city and school district officials had carried the day, or is any way representative of the good people of the state.

I didn't intend to waste anyone's time starting a duplicate thread. It was an effort to inject a positive note into the recent actions in Arizona. I hope everyone takes it in that spirit. SB 1070 supporters who are not racists, and who's hearts are in the right place, wouldn't want the blatant racism on display in Prescott to reflect on them and their cause, would they?

Mod Interjection: I allowed this to stay as it is the opposite of the other thread and would get lost in the other one. When it fizzles out, I will move both to Prescott where they should be.

Last edited by Grannysroost; 06-07-2010 at 08:38 AM..

Old 06-06-2010, 01:55 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post

According to the Prescott Courier,the elementary school principal has decided against "lightening" the face of the little Hispanic child on the school mural (I know, right?) Also, the racist city councilman, Steve Blair, has been fired from his job as a radio talk show host (though he is still apparently a proud member of the city council...)

I started this thread, to make sure everyone is aware of these encouraging developments. This is the best news coming out of Arizona in weeks
i suspect that during the next city council election cycle, mr blair will be voted out of office. even in prescott i doubt the people will tolerate overt racism.

Old 06-06-2010, 02:42 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,880,923 times
Thumbs up tnx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post

Thanks for the updated information on this issue. It would appear that Steve Blair is off the radio for now and I agree with removing him from the public airwaves. There simply isn’t room for bigotry and racial hatred in our society, America is “better” then that. I would hope that the city removes him from the city council as soon as possible his personal comments and thoughts appear to be less then what people want to hear. There is no room for Archie Bunkers anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
View detailed profiles of: