Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 05:46 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,360,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Still, a crime rate over 50% higher than the US average.

Spin that all you want to justify the words --extremely safe.
Nothing is extremely safe, and since they weren't my words, I won't argue over semantics in this case.

If you walk down a dark alley in Fort Smith at 2 am, you very well might get robbed, raped, or battered. Most people are smart enough to not do such a thing, some people aren't. We refer to the latter as "statistics" (don't become a statistic, use common sense).

Old 07-18-2010, 06:42 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,191,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Foosball View Post
Nothing is extremely safe, and since they weren't my words, I won't argue over semantics in this case.

If you walk down a dark alley in Fort Smith at 2 am, you very well might get robbed, raped, or battered. Most people are smart enough to not do such a thing, some people aren't. We refer to the latter as "statistics" (don't become a statistic, use common sense).

Using your logic, every city is safe and if one is a victim of a crime, it's only because they were dumb.

Using your logic, there must be a 50% higher percent of dumb people in Fort Smith than the US as a whole.

That would be the only explanation why Fort Smith has a crime index over 50% higher than the crime index in the US.

By the way, Fayetteville's crime index is 307 which is very safe and at the US average.

Perhaps since Fayetteville is near the US average, it should be called extremely,extremely safe.

Last edited by marmac; 07-18-2010 at 06:51 PM..

Old 07-18-2010, 07:29 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,360,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Using your logic, there must be a 50% higher percent of dumb people in Fort Smith than the US as a whole.
I'll agree with that.

Old 07-19-2010, 07:58 AM

11 posts, read 66,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Foosball View Post
LOL Exactly!

Old 08-05-2010, 11:59 AM

1 posts, read 3,485 times
Default edjughead

Thanks for the warning about Fort Smith, the jerkoffs in the police dept, the drugged out southern trash, and the concept that the "culture" of the town resides in the various bars that have music ( not culture by the way) What scuttles jar heads story for me is his statement that unfluoridated water causes mental problems, it is actually CAUSED by fluoride. As more and more of the country is fluoridated, we continue to see more and more prescriptions for psychotropic drugs, good for the economy, bad for people. But I'm sure jar head has researched the subject thoroughly and has the ability to see logic and not believe in the fairy tales that have been repeated for a couple of generations. Oh wait, he is a very religious guy who truly believes in the bible so I can see why he would believe anything he was told by an authority figure like the Govt. I can also tell he is christian by the way he bags on the other christian churches in town. That is a very "true believer" thing to do, congratulations. Another true believer thing to do is to have house rocking sex with your girlfriend on a Saturday night and then on Sunday complain about there not being a church in town that is up to your high expectations. :-)

Old 08-05-2010, 12:43 PM

97 posts, read 260,512 times
Thanks for the laugh OP. I don't know a thing about Fort Hood but your description is classic.

Old 08-05-2010, 01:47 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeptemberRays View Post
Thanks for the laugh OP. I don't know a thing about Fort Hood but your description is classic.
I don't know if you are serious or being scarcastic. I hope you realize the OP wasn't talking about Ft Hood which is in a different state and is a military base...

Nita

Old 08-07-2010, 07:59 AM

1,661 posts, read 5,209,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redvers1899 View Post
What scuttles jar heads story for me is his statement that unfluoridated water causes mental problems, it is actually CAUSED by fluoride.
Great....

Just when I get the second layer of tinfoil on every window in the house.....now you tell me this.

Personally....I'm back to creek water with colloidial silver I got from that guy that Art Bell talked about.

Them New World Order rascals.....they don't give up.

Old 09-15-2010, 02:32 PM

1 posts, read 3,294 times
that was great!!! Im looking for a nice town in AR to move to from calif. and I surely wont be moving their!! thanks for your brutal honesty! those cops sound scary too! good luck to you! Im thinking about hot springs

Old 09-15-2010, 03:34 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy23 View Post
that was great!!! Im looking for a nice town in AR to move to from calif. and I surely wont be moving their!! thanks for your brutal honesty! those cops sound scary too! good luck to you! Im thinking about hot springs
Wendy, take the Original posting with a grain of salt. I am not saying Ft Smith is right for you, who knows what is right for any indivdual but you can bet a million different opinions. This is your first posting, you are obviously very new to C-D, do a lot more research, spend time on the boards and come for a visit. Then you can get a better feel for what is right for you.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas