Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 10:44 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,249,758 times

Advertisements

I’m kind of getting the vibe that Arkansas is not a very tolerant state. Maybe Arkansas is the prefect place for the OP.

Last edited by okie1962; 09-23-2010 at 10:45 PM.. Reason: spullin

Old 09-24-2010, 04:30 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danny5002 View Post
Hey!! Watch it!! That's my state and I will jab you with my eyebrow pencil!
and it's our granddaughters state as well, almost ours. We couldn't decide between moving to Bella Vista or Grove..As usual spoiled, only child hubby got his way..

Old 09-24-2010, 09:16 PM

I'm glad you picked Arkansas.

Old 09-26-2010, 08:52 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
You know what shocks me Wiz? I can't believe that most everyone on this thread didn't find the OP's post insulting and rude to gay folks. When I pointed it out I was jumped on by most on this thread. I don't think he could have got away with this if he said the same things about blacks or Mexicans. If you were to take his post and replaced gay with black or Jew or Christian you would seen different responses.

I'm sure that all the people on this thread are good and decent folks that don't see anything wrong with the OP's post. Since they see no harm caused then why drag it out any more?

Based on the responses, I'm sure the OP will find Arkansas the perfect home.
and what kind of a reaction do you think he whould have received had he asked a similar question on the OK board, probably one, if not, the most conservative state in the union? Conservative does not mean "gay bashers" I will add, but I do think people on the OK board would have responded in about the same way they did here. It wasn't so much the response to him that got people in an uproar, but your responses. He asked a question about Eureka Springs and many gave him an answer.

Actually to be honest, if he had posted on the California board about a caucasion moving to East L.A or Watts, he would have been told something similar, you would not fit in. This is not bashing anyone, just making a statement.

A few people pointed out, straights would not be welcomed in a gay bar and you argued about this. The same would be true about whites in an all black part of town or all Hispanic part. This may not be right or fair, but it is fact.

NIta

Old 09-26-2010, 06:56 PM

The OP will fit in fine in Arkansas.

Old 09-27-2010, 12:07 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,250,015 times
Thread closed for moderation

Old 01-03-2011, 02:24 PM

2 posts, read 3,694 times
Wow 21st century and I am still amazed at the closed minded people of this place we call America! Yes everyone has their ideas of how they think the world should be and it's all good, but really! Not wanting to live somewhere because a diverse bunch of people live there, there is something just wrong about that. No matter who people love or their sexual orientation, it dosen't change the fact that they are still just people. They put one foot in there pants at a time just as you do. They have to work and pay bills just as you do, absolutely no difference none, but because people choose to judge everyone and everything around them, instead of just letting people live the life they are meant to live, we become GOD! Just realize one thing and I ain't trying to **** anyone off at all somewhere in your families one of your children grandchildren, neices or nephews there will be diversity, and that diversity could be just about anything. And all I can do is hope that you want judge or treat that loved one any different, because if you choose not to you will have know idea what damage you do to the loved one. You don't have to agree with peoples way, but Eureka Springs is just a place, a very cool place with lots of rewarding things to offer, a great place to live and to raise kids, I'm just saying!!!

Old 01-03-2011, 02:33 PM

2 posts, read 3,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
---I was in there in the late 80's one night--

That's over 20 years ago.

A lot of things change in over 20 years.
I take all my straight friends and family to the bars, never had a issue, our culture is just not that way. Despite what people think we are very kind people. We just see ourselves as humans not haters, I'm just saying not trying to upset anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas