Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2010, 06:54 AM

1 posts, read 3,866 times

Advertisements

Those of you that were looking for cedar hand split fence rails, I have a whole lot left over from a stacked fence we built. They are 10' long and considered jumbo's. Please e-mail at [EMAIL="ozarkcedarsplitrails@arkansas.usa.com"]ozarkcedarsplitrails@arkansas.usa.com[/EMAIL][/EMAIL]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2010, 02:44 PM

2,457 posts, read 7,381,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cedar splitter View Post
Those of you that were looking for cedar hand split fence rails, I have a whole lot left over from a stacked fence we built. They are 10' long and considered jumbo's. Please e-mail at ozarkcedarsplitrails@arkansas.usa.com[/email]
This post brought back some memories in this foggy old brain. When I was young we had rail fences from necessity, and not for landscape as they often are now. In archeology work we often find what we call "zig zag rock alignments" out in the middle of nowhere. Those are here a rail fence once stood and the farmer had thrown loose rocks from his field along the fence to get them out of the way. Wow, that's been a while.

Old 08-13-2010, 08:46 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,754,455 times
I love split rail fences, especially with roses draped over them. If I ever get a place in Arkansas of my own, I'd like to build one around my cabin.

Old 09-01-2010, 03:05 PM

1 posts, read 3,749 times
hi, i am looking for enough to fence probably 1000 feet. do you have enough to cover this much area? it is for fencing out a horse pasture at least 5 feet high. what is your price and availability? location? thanks.

Old 09-02-2010, 11:31 AM

1,661 posts, read 5,209,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btup View Post
hi, i am looking for enough to fence probably 1000 feet. do you have enough to cover this much area? it is for fencing out a horse pasture at least 5 feet high. what is your price and availability? location? thanks.
I don't know how you plan to arrange cedar rails for horse fencing, but if you do a zig-zag, they'll be through that in about 12 minutes.

They make regular horse fencing much, much cheaper.

Or you could be like the yankees that move down and get that white plastic stuff put up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
View detailed profiles of: