Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 09:19 AM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,314 posts, read 8,655,159 times

Advertisements

I keep reading threads that talk about how bad the Chiggers and ticks are, Seeing as how I like outdoors alot, I was wondering what you do to protect yourself from them... and what about your dogs and stuff? For dogs does the advantage stuff work? what about livestock??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2007, 09:35 AM

5,981 posts, read 18,270,385 times
Can't help you on livestock, but I use Frontline Plus and don't have any problems - I don't have any problems at all in town, just sometimes if you're out a little bit. Spray yourself with Deep Woods Off and you should do okay...right now, it's been so rainy the mosquitoes seem to be the worst problem!

Ticks are just going to be whereever there is livestock or wildlife or pine trees - it's just a fact of life and you get used to it after a while. Chiggers ... well, if you're going to be picking wild blackberries or something, wear long pants and have a big ice chest with the beverage of choice in it!

Old 07-06-2007, 10:02 AM

3,434 posts, read 9,744,410 times
if u hunt...put a flea collar around your ankle

Old 07-06-2007, 10:40 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
Can't help you on livestock, but I use Frontline Plus and don't have any problems - I don't have any problems at all in town, just sometimes if you're out a little bit. Spray yourself with Deep Woods Off and you should do okay...right now, it's been so rainy the mosquitoes seem to be the worst problem!

Ticks are just going to be whereever there is livestock or wildlife or pine trees - it's just a fact of life and you get used to it after a while. Chiggers ... well, if you're going to be picking wild blackberries or something, wear long pants and have a big ice chest with the beverage of choice in it!
Beverage of choice? Do you mean ice tea or soda or do you mean beer or wine?

Old 07-06-2007, 12:16 PM

Sorry, see next message - my fingers are tripping today!

Last edited by Sam I Am; 07-06-2007 at 12:21 PM.. Reason: deleted, double posted somehow ???

Old 07-06-2007, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Whatever is your beverage of choice! I just know it is HOT in those blackberry brambles! I'm going to take sweet tea, but my husband is loading up the chest with something.....what shall we say? a bit more...ummm....substantial???

P.S. Nita - dear - I will have to do some remedial teaching if you are going to make it here - there is no such thing as a soda unless you're baking with it. It's a Coke - "What kind of Coke you want?" "A Sprite"...and sweet tea, never unsweetened. They just had the Sweet Tea Brew Off in Little Rock last weekend. A little lemon and you're on the front porch!

Old 07-06-2007, 01:24 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
Whatever is your beverage of choice! I just know it is HOT in those blackberry brambles! I'm going to take sweet tea, but my husband is loading up the chest with something.....what shall we say? a bit more...ummm....substantial???

P.S. Nita - dear - I will have to do some remedial teaching if you are going to make it here - there is no such thing as a soda unless you're baking with it. It's a Coke - "What kind of Coke you want?" "A Sprite"...and sweet tea, never unsweetened. They just had the Sweet Tea Brew Off in Little Rock last weekend. A little lemon and you're on the front porch!
Sweet Tea I knew from Texas. In fact when we first moved there we couldn't beleive when we would go to a luncheon the wait people would offer to re-fill the tea but if we wanted more coffee we had to ask. Coke, well, I guess I will just have to practice and forget the word "soda" Of course I don't drink either one, soft drinks or sweet tea and I usually am not fixin to do something unless I am fixin somethun that is broke. Of course one of my favorite summer pass times is growing my garden and canning, I guess I can get used to puttin things up instead of canning.

Old 07-06-2007, 03:15 PM

Nita, I'm praying you are my next neighbor - we can grow and can and put away and have a Coke and a wonderful time together!

Old 07-06-2007, 03:23 PM

570 posts, read 1,583,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
All of the above

Old 07-06-2007, 09:24 PM

95 posts, read 504,569 times
A relative of ours claims that Pepsi is non-existent in the North Western part of Arkansas. Can anyone confirm this? (not kidding,someone really told us). BTW-that sweet tea does sound good!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas