Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 07:28 AM

165 posts, read 524,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Can you get those with mild or spicy sauce?
The classic 16' and 17' boats could be considered stable on the water or 'mild' ... their 14' boat is definitely 'spicy' in white-water!

Check em' out at Welcome to Buffalo Canoes Manufacturing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2010, 12:46 PM

32 posts, read 104,823 times
Anywhere in Newton County is great place to get away

Old 07-02-2012, 05:17 PM

4,901 posts, read 8,749,963 times
Quote:
The food may not be wonderful but a half pound burger with your choice of any one of three types of French fries (regular, curly or fresh cut) for $3.75 is decidedly not over-priced. I'd gladly pay double that just for the atmosphere which is like good seasoning on the food!
Update - here is a link to the Ozark Cafe's menu...if you don't want to go to it, or if for some reason it doesn't work, a burger is now 3.49, a cheeseburger is 3.99, and fries are 1.49 extra.

The Front Porch Inn - Jasper Arkansas

I tried the link after I posted it....you will have to click on another link at the top left of the page to get to the Ozark Cafe page. The cafe also has its own site: Ozark Cafe - Home

The atmosphere is good, I'll give you that!

Old 11-08-2013, 02:20 PM

53 posts, read 108,541 times
Default $$$$$$$$$$$$

Quote:
The food may not be wonderful but a half pound burger with your choice of any one of three types of French fries (regular, curly or fresh cut) for $3.75 is decidedly not over-priced. I'd gladly pay double that just for the atmosphere which is like good seasoning on the food!
$6.00 for that burger now !!!! no fries
We had a louzzzzzzy meal there last week left hungry with a lite billfold !!!

Old 11-08-2013, 08:24 PM

340 posts, read 515,652 times
Next time you're in Jasper, run up to the HUB and see Randal and Debbie. Their little restaurant up there has the best steaks in the area.

The place is easy to miss, look for their sign, then take the Hwy 7 spur to get there. It's at the old Dogpatch theme park.

Old 11-09-2013, 04:38 AM

26 posts, read 41,329 times
I have found that every town named Jasper is a very nice town.

Jasper, Arkansas
Jasper, Alabama
Jasper, Indiana
Jasper, Texas

Those are the only Jasper's i been to, but they are all real nice clean little towns.

Old 11-09-2013, 06:10 AM

53 posts, read 108,541 times
Default The hub

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnelson1 View Post
Next time you're in Jasper, run up to the HUB and see Randal and Debbie. Their little restaurant up there has the best steaks in the area.

The place is easy to miss, look for their sign, then take the Hwy 7 spur to get there. It's at the old Dogpatch theme park.

"THE HUB" Drove up there last week Friday.
It looks like a ghost town, several abandon rundown Bldgs. on the property.
As for the HUB saw a man an woman sitting on the deck smoking, probably the owners ?
Not another person to be seen anywhere. When Dog Patch USA closed in the 1980s
it killed the Motel,The HUB and everything connected. Sure did not help JASPER either !
Millions $$$$$$ have been lost......
Ya wanna see a Super Unique town with a lot of history, take a ride to Eureka Springs AR.
It's like going back in time.
Lot more to do there then Jasper, Lots of shops eating places to boot.

Old 11-09-2013, 06:35 AM

3,279 posts, read 5,316,484 times
I have a question--I've been to Jasper twice, I particularly love "The Blue Hole" and Ponca Bridge and Pruitt especially. (In fact I did a past post here with GPS coordinates & such of places I liked, the link is here.)

Anyway, my question is, with our recent government shutdown, where places like the Grand Canyon & such closed, did any of those Jasper close down during that period? It's hard to see how something like Ponca Low Bridge closed, the path is so short & there seems to be ways to get there otherwise, but I was curious.

LRH

Old 11-09-2013, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsites;32157533Ya wanna see a [B
Super Unique town[/b] with a lot of history, take a ride to Eureka Springs AR.
It's like going back in time.
Lot more to do there then Jasper, Lots of shops eating places to boot.
Yes, ES is unique and beautiful, and has lots more shopping and eating to do, but the draw of Jasper is the outdoors....so many hiking and camping and canoeing and rock climbing and scenic driving and other outdoor opportunities to be had within just a few miles of Jasper it's unbelievable.

Old 11-09-2013, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post
I have a question--I've been to Jasper twice, I particularly love "The Blue Hole" and Ponca Bridge and Pruitt especially. (In fact I did a past post here with GPS coordinates & such of places I liked, the link is here.)

Anyway, my question is, with our recent government shutdown, where places like the Grand Canyon & such closed, did any of those Jasper close down during that period? It's hard to see how something like Ponca Low Bridge closed, the path is so short & there seems to be ways to get there otherwise, but I was curious.

LRH
Here is what Tim Ernst had to say at the time on his journal:

I've been getting a lot of questions about where one can and cannot hike at the moment. I can understand some of the confusion since those who know may have left the building. But in general, here is some info that I hope will help. Avoid anything that has "national" or "U.S." in the name - like "National" park, river, or monument. This would include the entire Buffalo National River park - seems that all of it is now closed, meaning you are not allowed to be there, even to hike, camp, fish or whatever. The national forests are a little more questionable, but certainly all facilities are closed - like campgrounds, info centers, Blanchard Springs Caverns, etc. It is unclear if we are allowed to hike the trails in national forests or not, so probably best to just avoid them.

STATE and other non-federal lands should be open for business as usual, like all of our wonderful state parks (Petit Jean, Devils Den, Lake Ft. Smith, Mt. Magazine, etc.); natural areas (like Kings River Falls and Sweden Creek natural areas, etc.); and Arkansas Game & Fish areas (like the Elk Info Center in Ponca and in Jasper, and many wildlife management areas scattered around the state). Certainly you can drive our state highways and enjoy the views and wildlife, although roads that lead into national parks (like down into Steele Creek, Kyles Landing along the Buffalo, etc.) are closed to the public.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas