Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 12:49 PM

1,260 posts, read 1,688,156 times

Advertisements

Please excuse typos. I'm on an IPhone. There were 2 or 3 fibers on the boys that may have matched the convicted. The problem is, those fibers came from clothes regularly sold at Walmart. Now how many people in west Memphis do you think shop at Walmart. Those close were consistent with some clothes belonging to the victims and probably with tons of other people in that town

Old 09-02-2011, 01:02 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,946,349 times
I would like to see the prosecutors in this case go on trial.

Old 09-02-2011, 02:36 PM

1,260 posts, read 1,688,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I would like to see the prosecutors in this case go on trial.
In their press conference, when the WM3 were being released ,the prosecution said they did not want to go to a new trial because they would probably lose and the WM3 would possibly win large settlements. The press conference is available online

Old 09-02-2011, 03:15 PM

17 posts, read 35,617 times
At the end when they ask Jason do you think its possible Damien did this and he says yes maybe...YES MAYBE?? well I thought the two of them were home watching tv,and Byes being the last one seen with the kids.Those witnesses just came forward a couple years ago.They all of a sudden remembered after 18 years? BS!

Old 09-02-2011, 03:22 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,650,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandi_28 View Post
At the end when they ask Jason do you think its possible Damien did this and he says yes maybe...YES MAYBE?? well I thought the two of them were home watching tv,and Byes being the last one seen with the kids.Those witnesses just came forward a couple years ago.They all of a sudden remembered after 18 years? BS!
You have to look at the odds it's just like OJ. What are the odds that when his ex-wife is being brutally murdered he cuts himself at his home and bleeds all over his property...could it happen?Yes,is it likely no. So yes many people shop at Walmart...but also look at the odds of that combined with other evidence in the case.

Old 09-02-2011, 03:44 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,352,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
You have to look at the odds it's just like OJ. What are the odds that when his ex-wife is being brutally murdered he cuts himself at his home and bleeds all over his property...could it happen?Yes,is it likely no. So yes many people shop at Walmart...but also look at the odds of that combined with other evidence in the case.
meaning.....what exactly? what other evidence links these boys to the crimes? and as the other poster pointed out, if the fiber came from clothes, those clothes were probably bought in stores in the community. it does not conclusively prove anything except that someone with clothes on murdered the children.

i keep hearing people talking about the other evidence, when the evidence that they did not do it is massive. what about the DNA evidence linking the stepfather? why does that not have greater weight in your mind than a few fibers? NO ONE is found guilty on fiber evidence alone. at least, in a fair trial they aren't. i would really like to see some of the posters so convinced that damien and his crew did this put forth a reasonable, intelligent argument and some evidence that proves this is so. convince me. i don't see how anyone can look at the real evidence here and make that conclusion, but go figure. try me. convince me.
and if i am mistaken in assuming that you are a believer in their guilt, please accept my apologies.

Old 09-02-2011, 03:46 PM

also, have any of you ever gone through west memphis? do you know what kind of community we are dealing with? its quite possible that everyone bought their clothes at the same couple of stores. this isn't a vast megalopolis with a mall on every corner.

Old 09-02-2011, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthouse66 View Post
also, have any of you ever gone through west memphis? do you know what kind of community we are dealing with? its quite possible that everyone bought their clothes at the same couple of stores. this isn't a vast megalopolis with a mall on every corner.
No I haven't had the pleasure of going through West Memphis!I'm not going to rehash the odds of someone being covered in mud,another knowing facts about the crime not known to the public etc...!I think if these three are smart they will lay low and not be too outraged at their original conviction!

Old 09-02-2011, 03:57 PM

Oh...and yes I believe the verdict was correct...and no I'm not gonna try to convince you of anything...the jury heard the evidence and convicted the "boys"!

Old 09-02-2011, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
No I haven't had the pleasure of going through West Memphis!I'm not going to rehash the odds of someone being covered in mud,another knowing facts about the crime not known to the public etc...!I think if these three are smart they will lay low and not be too outraged at their original conviction!
generally, substantiation is welcome when one is absolutely convinced, after having examined the evidence and having been convinced by the evidence, of someone's guilt or innocence. otherwise it just sounds like armchair theorizing. again, what is is that convinces you? after having read through these threads it seems like the ones who are convinced of their guilt have become convinced on the basis of nearly nothing. when there is so much evidence pointing to another party, such as two samples of DNA that matches none of the three convicted, one has to scratch one's head and wonder why that is not enough to convince someone of someone's innocence. you cannot take the confession of someone with low intelligence, learning disabilities, etc whose said confession clearly did not match all of the facts, as bible truth. or, i guess you can. depends on what your definition of "truth" is. i think it is natural to want some substantiation for your claims. when you don't give that, it sounds like your opinion....an opinion not based on fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas