Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 07:02 PM

713 posts, read 3,431,534 times

Advertisements

Iv been around searching for a place to move and was told Arkansas was a nice place. Someone I know lives in Mountain Home and said it was an ok place to live. So would mountain home make a..., good home...

I currently reside in Texas and plan to move after I graduate High School or maybe after college.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2009, 02:24 PM

4 posts, read 9,006 times
My great-aunt lives in Mountain Home. That's one good thing! Actually, that's why I'm looking at this thread! It's just one place I'm considering a move to. Good luck in your own search.

Old 12-28-2009, 01:49 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,308,419 times
It's in the Ozarks. What more needs to be said?

Old 12-28-2009, 08:38 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,112,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgomez912 View Post
Iv been around searching for a place to move and was told Arkansas was a nice place. Someone I know lives in Mountain Home and said it was an ok place to live. So would mountain home make a..., good home...

I currently reside in Texas and plan to move after I graduate High School or maybe after college.
It has a reputation for being a really good place to live. We almost considered it when we retired but decided it was a little too far from family. You notice, I said "when we retired" the biggest complaint I have heard is lack of activities for the younger crowd. It probably depends on where in Texas you are from, how much acitivity you are expecting and what field you will be going into after you finish your education...

Start visiting the area and other areas, that will give you a better idea. I can assure you living in the Ozarks is the way to go for many of us..

Nita

Old 12-28-2009, 10:30 AM

165 posts, read 546,092 times
As someone who left immediately after high school for college, I'm not sure it would be the best place to come right after high school. Most everyone I know in that age group wants to get out to a place with more jobs, shopping, food, etc.

That being said, it is a beautiful town with lots of great people. But be warned that it is small and jobs are scarce, especially at the moment.

Old 12-28-2009, 05:21 PM

713 posts, read 3,431,534 times
My friend is 28 there and says its an ok town. Im going into the computer field with a B.S. in Computer Science. I like Arkansas becuase its right next to Texas and makes it easer for me to visit family when I travel and it gets snow unlike where I live in the south area of Texas.

Old 12-29-2009, 08:04 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,112,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgomez912 View Post
My friend is 28 there and says its an ok town. Im going into the computer field with a B.S. in Computer Science. I like Arkansas becuase its right next to Texas and makes it easer for me to visit family when I travel and it gets snow unlike where I live in the south area of Texas.
Remember Mountain HOme is still a pretty good drive from Texas, especially South Texas...

Nita

Old 12-29-2009, 06:15 PM

165 posts, read 522,814 times
Anything good in Mountain Home? Yes - world class trout fishing just down the road.

Old 12-29-2009, 06:22 PM

938 posts, read 3,491,471 times
The median age in Mountain Home is 53 years. There really isn't anything wrong with that, but it may not be the best place for a young person to move because the town is geared more towards retirees.

The good? The surronding area is absolutely gorgeous and has excellent hiking, mountain biking, fishing, canoeing, and boating.

I really doubt you'd find any career opportunities with a B.S. in computer science in Mountain Home. Texas certainly has many more.

Old 12-30-2009, 06:31 AM

1,661 posts, read 5,181,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OA 5599 View Post
I really doubt you'd find any career opportunities with a B.S. in computer science in Mountain Home.
Have....you....ever..*been* to Mountain Home?

Toward the top of the list, Baxter Medical and Baxter Regional have to get their computer people from somewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas