Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 07:11 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixie09 View Post
Nothing more than a strange coincidence. The fish died from a toxin in the water, some company dumped something they shouldn't have. And the birds, as with the ones in sweden, were most likely killed by fireworks. Nothing nefarious. Just idiots with fireworks.
news tonight seems to varify, from the labs, it was trama, most likely caused by fireworks.

Nita

Old 01-06-2011, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestmom View Post
I heard a report on this on NPR, caught the tail end of it. The birds had signs of blunt force trauma on one part of their body. Autopsies showed they had died mid-air and then fallen. I guess they can tell which injuries are pre/post mortem. They based this on the fact that there would be signs of trauma on varied places if it was that they were startled and hit objects on the way down.
I wish I would have caught the whole report. The only force I can think of that would hit whole flocks would be an explosion of some sort...or testing missiles/planes that would exert sudden heavy force.

The fish seemed to be one particular species which they said could be a disease. At least in the US fish deaths. I didn't realize these deaths were happening worldwide...freaky.

Certain fish and bird species are always on the wane while others are growing. I kind of wonder if we aren't messing with things by preserving a species that nature has chosen to end for whatever reason.
This is pretty much what we are hearing and reading. I am always amazed at how many people want to turn these stories into what they are not. There will always be those who think these things are conspiracies or something similar. Until we know differently I will continue to believe what I am reading and hearing on TV.

Nita

Old 01-06-2011, 07:23 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,624,789 times
The mystery of the deaths of thousands of blackbirds in Arkansas this month has been solved.
They died of blunt-force trauma, according to the National Wildlife Health Center in Madison. Samples of the blackbirds - and other blackbirds from a separate mass die-off about the same time in Louisiana - were brought to the little-known laboratory on Madison's west side for necropsies.

Madison lab solves mystery of Arkansas blackbird die-off - JSOnline

Old 01-06-2011, 07:38 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,246,617 times
In the past week there has been massive animal deaths reported from around the world.

Hundreds, maybe thousans of Turtle Doves fall dead from the sky in Italy. Dead birds fall from the sky in Sweden, Kentucky and Lousiana. Millions of dead fish found in Maryland, Brazil, and New Zealand. Tens of thousands of dead crabs wash ashore in England...third year in a row.

Yep, nothing strange about millions of animals dying off around the entire world and in a short frame of time. Nothing strange at all. Keep telling yourself that.

Old 01-07-2011, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
In the past week there has been massive animal deaths reported from around the world.

Hundreds, maybe thousans of Turtle Doves fall dead from the sky in Italy. Dead birds fall from the sky in Sweden, Kentucky and Lousiana. Millions of dead fish found in Maryland, Brazil, and New Zealand. Tens of thousands of dead crabs wash ashore in England...third year in a row.

Yep, nothing strange about millions of animals dying off around the entire world and in a short frame of time. Nothing strange at all. Keep telling yourself that.
do you believe it is a conspiracy? If you do, please read all the documentation so far on what the real cause was here in AR...

Like anything else: when one thing happens there will always to a 1000 more reports of similar things.

Nita

Old 01-07-2011, 08:56 AM

511 posts, read 799,125 times
All I know is with the crazy AR drivers, earthquakes, dead birds, and Texas governor talking about seceding from the Union, I watch the news daily so I'll know when to run for the Texas border! haha

Old 01-07-2011, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdave35 View Post
All I know is with the crazy AR drivers, earthquakes, dead birds, and Texas governor talking about seceding from the Union, I watch the news daily so I'll know when to run for the Texas border! haha
now you are talking like a sane person Dave.

I still don't think the AR drivers are even 1/2 as bad as Texas, but this is a very subjective opinion.

Old 01-07-2011, 10:13 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,246,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
do you believe it is a conspiracy? If you do, please read all the documentation so far on what the real cause was here in AR...

Like anything else: when one thing happens there will always to a 1000 more reports of similar things.

Nita
LOL no, I don't believe it's a conspiracy.

Conspiracy: noun;
- an evil, unlawful, treacherous, or surreptitious plan formulated in secret by two or more persons; plot.

Pareidolia is more likely, but it is odd that so many large scale animal deaths have occurred within a short frame of time.

The latest news provided to the public is this is a regular occurance, and that internet and cell phones attribute to more wide spreading of news. That may be partially attributable, but I'll keep an open mind that there may be more happening here that none of us can accurately explain.

Fireworks are set off around America every July 4th, and around the world on New Year's Eve. Why hasn't this large of a kill occurred before? Has it occurred before and hasn't made the news?

Why have millions of fish died in various regions around the world? All within a few days/weeks time frame?

Penguins? Bats?

Here is the google map that has been tracking the large scale animal deaths. It's interactive, so you can see where, what kind, and the news report of the large scale die off.

Mass Animal Deaths - Google Maps

Coincidence? Who knows, but I doubt this is a regular occurrance that all of a sudden started being reported. We should look at the scale of occurrance for the population effected and geography. We also need to pay close attetion the temporal boundaries. So, I maintain my doubts that we have this amount of animals die off every year, across the globe, AND within a few days or maybe weeks time range. If so, I want to see reports of last years animal die off, and the year before, and the year before that.

Old 01-08-2011, 08:37 PM

111 posts, read 390,898 times
haven't read the whole thread so sorry if this is a repeat

What do you call 5000 dead blackbirds in Beebe? A good start

Old 01-08-2011, 10:26 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,854,040 times
100,000 dead fish in Ozark & 5,000 dead birds in Beebe..

Is this what happens when 35,000 people miss bath night?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas