Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 04:32 PM

8 posts, read 18,225 times

Advertisements

I was wondering how these anti imigrant feelings might be affecting N.W. Arkansas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2009, 11:20 PM

1 posts, read 2,191 times
Hi I'm looking for a small town where everyone knows each other and community values i have 4 children and i just need to go somewhere and start over no disrespect to the pittsburgh population but my gosh I've been stuck here for awhile and I haven't meet 1 worth keeping yet !!!!

Old 03-24-2009, 11:29 PM

108 posts, read 394,075 times
I just moved here recently and don't know of too many...but I'm in Conway, it's around 50,000 people I think, only 30 miles from Little Rock. There's lots of smaller towns around here like Greenbrier, Beebe, Morrilton, and a lot more I don't know about! I like it here in Conway, definitely not as busy as a big city, but has the things larger places do, close enough to Little Rock for work, or recreation. I don't know how you like water, but there's a lake close and 6 miles away is the Arkansas River and Toad Suck park. I would think it would be about the same for the smaller communities too. If you have any ?s, I would be happy to do my best to get the information and if I can't, I'm sure someone on here would know. I'm recently separated and have 3 kids, and it's been a great place to start over for me.

Old 03-25-2009, 04:49 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,103,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmiller123 View Post
Hi I'm looking for a small town where everyone knows each other and community values i have 4 children and i just need to go somewhere and start over no disrespect to the pittsburgh population but my gosh I've been stuck here for awhile and I haven't meet 1 worth keeping yet !!!!
wow, there are several small towns in NWA that would work, but what about a job, will you be working? How much can you afford for housing, and what are you interests in life other than your 4 children? We need to know more in order to give you any ideas.

Nita

Old 03-26-2009, 01:09 PM

4,901 posts, read 8,688,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVGypsy View Post
This Boggie Point you say is free but do they have full hook up services? I would like to park the trailer some where so we don't have to move it for the next 4 years. So I need full hook ups and they must be open year round.
Norfork Lake (where the poster to whom you were replying said Boggie Creek campground is) is a looong way from Ozark. I don't think they understood that you were saying you wanted to be near Ozark.

There is a campground just south of Ozark off Hwy 23 called Aux Arc. It is run by the Army Corps of Engineers, and I believe it is open all year. Full hookups. Try this link for more information and for directions and phone numbers: Facility Details - AUX ARC (AR), Ar - Recreation.gov

Old 03-26-2009, 01:10 PM

4,901 posts, read 8,688,824 times
*sigh* Another old thread resurrected....shoulda checked the dates before taking the time to reply. How do these things get resurrected, anyway?

Old 03-26-2009, 01:49 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,103,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
*sigh* Another old thread resurrected....shoulda checked the dates before taking the time to reply. How do these things get resurrected, anyway?
you are right , I usually do check them, this one I did not. I don't know understand why some do bring these posts back to the sufface? They could always start a new one I would think..

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas