Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 08:35 PM

3 posts, read 9,782 times

Advertisements

My husband and I have lived in Fayetteville since we graduated from the University of Arkansas 3 years ago, and we are looking for a change! Fayetteville is great, but we are looking to move somewhere more rural.

~WISHLIST~
- Somewhere near a lake, that is large enough for water skiing, as that is our favorite hobby!
- We would like it to be a smaller town, with like a maxium 20,000 people living in it. However, we would like something larger than this within about a 30 minute drive
- I am not really a "redneck", but my husband, well, he really sort of is. With that said, HE would like a town with some other "rednecks" in it, but since its Arkansas, I don't think we will find a problem with that.
- We just started a family, so good schools are desired.

With that said, we are open to any suggestions. Thank you for all your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2011, 08:37 PM

3 posts, read 9,782 times
Also, I forgot to mention that my husband is quite a drinker, so we would prefer a wet county, but a dry will do.

Old 02-28-2011, 11:35 AM

697 posts, read 1,775,543 times
A few lake towns off the top of my head- all may not be close enough to larger areas or not, but I didn't go through and compare:

Mountain Home (has a lot of rural areas surrounding it, including the lakeside towns of Lakeview, Gamaliel, and Bull Shoals)

Russellville (several smaller towns nearby too that might be interesting- not too far from Conway for a larger nearby town)

Heber Springs

Lake Hamilton/Rockwell

Caddo Valley/Arkadelphia

Good luck with your search!

Old 03-01-2011, 10:54 AM

3 posts, read 10,542 times
I would suggest hot springs, or around that area. lake Ouachita is about the best skiing you will find in arkansas in my opinion. Lots of rednecks in the area and it is a wet county.

Old 03-01-2011, 07:50 PM

369 posts, read 1,302,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingthelife View Post
I would suggest hot springs, or around that area. lake Ouachita is about the best skiing you will find in arkansas in my opinion. Lots of rednecks in the area and it is a wet county.
I also suggest Garland County, Arkansas. From what you are looking for, it seems to be your best fit.

Old 03-02-2011, 12:34 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingthelife View Post
for some reason I don't think of Hot Springs as being totally Red Neck. But maybe that is just me. I know a few people from the town, only one couple would come close to being called rednecks.

NIta

Old 03-02-2011, 05:43 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,360,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
for some reason I don't think of Hot Springs as being totally Red Neck. But maybe that is just me. I know a few people from the town, only one couple would come close to being called rednecks.

NIta
I think Mount Ida might work. It is kind of small, but not far from Hot Springs.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:34 AM

21 posts, read 54,324 times
How do you plan to make a living? That can affect your choice.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:59 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearby1 View Post
How do you plan to make a living? That can affect your choice.
That is kind of what I was wondering as well.

Old 03-17-2011, 04:12 PM

9 posts, read 26,521 times
Moderator cut: rude She said under 20,000. Try Mountain Home. Huge lakes on both sides. Small stocked lakes for fishing. Bout 12,000 people. Good parties. Has everything you need, but not a big town. An hour and a half from Branson. An hour and a half from Springfield. 30 minutes to Harrison. 3 Hours to Jonesboro. 3 and half to Little Rock. 4 to Memphis. Used to live there... it's a nice place.

Also... Mountain Home is pretty Redneck.. mostly rednecks, partiers, and old people.

They also have great schools. And an ASU campus.

Last edited by Kimballette; 03-17-2011 at 08:18 PM.. Reason: 3 posts 3 minutes apart - make one coherent post instead please
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas