Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 11:59 AM

443 posts, read 1,567,029 times

Advertisements

Well thats true, and it is interesting the states have their own stigmas. The amount of posts about mormons in utah is staggering. In Texas it seems to be the heat and humidity and property taxes, North Carolina it is about how the locals don't want you, I could go on, for some reason the race card just got placed in Arkansas and you could probably point that blame straight to a resident of Harrison, Ark.

Old 07-30-2007, 12:00 PM

388 posts, read 1,785,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWMike View Post
I have actually visted extensively and it seemed fine. ...
I shortened your post to get the salient part out there for all to see.

Regardless of your race, license plates, or what accent you have or don't have, I think this is probably the norm for Arkansas, but that doesn't mean there aren't people here with different views.

Old 07-30-2007, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWMike View Post
Well thats true, and it is interesting the states have their own stigmas. The amount of posts about mormons in utah is staggering. In Texas it seems to be the heat and humidity and property taxes, North Carolina it is about how the locals don't want you, I could go on, for some reason the race card just got placed in Arkansas and you could probably point that blame straight to a resident of Harrison, Ark.
In Montana it's the Californians and the MI forum is plain ugly for everything.

Iowans hate everybody (according to many folks who moved there), and I know that to be false.

No state board is immune from provocative posts...just have to try to separate the wheat from the chaff, and that's not always possible.

Old 07-30-2007, 12:10 PM

5,981 posts, read 18,271,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magrack View Post
No state board is immune from provocative posts...just have to try to separate the wheat from the chaff, and that's not always possible.

Hey, hey! It's ARKANSAS! We're separating rice from the hull or something...let's give our food groups equal time!

Old 07-30-2007, 12:14 PM

Yeah, yeah!

It's an old saw and I quoted it as learned.

Old 07-30-2007, 02:59 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
And in NM it is the illegals, plus the lack of education and the low scores on tests. We do have a beauty that is almost unsurpassed depending on what you call beauty; awesome sunrise and sunsets, snow capped mountains that really are mountains and are purple much of the time, nice people, good So Western food (that is all we have, as a matter of fact) but we have racist like anyplace else: as I have mentioned most of it is reverse, thus causing our side to become racists as well. We all have a horrible problem with drunk drivers, some being arrest 20-30 times. yes, every state has problems.

I would guess there is a bigger problem with race relations and unusual life styles in AR more than many states. I would also hope it is improving.

Nita

Old 07-30-2007, 04:32 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times
I've been following this thread from the beginning. Seems as though things have cooled down a bit. Surely, the thread starter has departed long ago, unless she is a masochist.
At first, I was amazed (in a negative way) from the posts directly following the OP. The remarks exhibited incorrect english, and were some of the nastiest, degrading comments I've read on any forum. What I found to be worse is that the first poster quickly had a cheering section, obviously his treatment of the thread starter met their approval. The posters went to his defense. Everybody ganged up on the thread starter. Somebody even thought it was humorous. The only thing missing were slurs. Is that what you people call "southern hospitality"?
But, like all places, there must be some location in Arkansas were the people are considerate and not hostile toward anyone who is different. Which part of Arkansas would that be?

Last edited by Visvaldis; 07-30-2007 at 04:51 PM..

Old 07-30-2007, 05:18 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,496,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
I've been following this thread from the beginning. Seems as though things have cooled down a bit. Surely, the thread starter has departed long ago, unless she is a masochist.
At first, I was amazed (in a negative way) from the posts directly following the OP. The remarks exhibited incorrect english, and were some of the nastiest, degrading comments I've read on any forum. What I found to be worse is that the first poster quickly had a cheering section, obviously his treatment of the thread starter met their approval. The posters went to his defense. Everybody ganged up on the thread starter. Somebody even thought it was humorous. The only thing missing were slurs. Is that what you people call "southern hospitality"?
But, like all places, there must be some location in Arkansas were the people are considerate and not hostile toward anyone who is different. Which part of Arkansas would that be?
Some bimbo insults are way of life and I am going to be nice, I don't think so.
About my incorrect engilsh, I guess I am not as smart as you think you are.
But it seems you know what I said ha.

JM

Old 07-30-2007, 05:24 PM

795 posts, read 2,298,808 times
Quote:
there must be some location in Arkansas were the people are considerate and not hostile toward anyone who is different. Which part of Arkansas would that be?
All be getting along in these parts ---

Close by Peterpender -

Village of Ozark --

Old 07-30-2007, 05:41 PM

5,981 posts, read 18,271,623 times
Quote:

Several people have mentioned that we seem to get more than our fair share of racial flares because of a nearly-absent moderator, and I suspect that is the case here and with a number of posts recently. People with an agenda find the ***** in the armor and off they go.

Please do not hesitate to use the little red triangle at the top of a post to report it as being inflammatory or over the top (or so Administrator told me today when I asked that this thread be locked. Admin informed me the triangle alerts can be seen by all moderators and that our concerns had been duly noted - but not dealt with, so I guess that means this free for all still stands).

No, everyone did NOT gang up on the OP....the OP was gently advised a couple of times that SHE had been offensive as well and has chosen to retreat, leaving me to think this was just another troll in the making. And we've had bunch of those lately....which does not excuse poor manners, but frankly - I wish we had real people instead of troublemakers asking questions. It's hard to discern what you are dealing with until it all goes to s***, and then it's too late. Maybe all the problem children will move to the Kentucky forum and we can move on.

Last edited by Sam I Am; 07-30-2007 at 05:42 PM.. Reason: C H I N K in the armor....is NOT a racial term..come on, mods!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas