Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 06:40 PM

90 posts, read 289,910 times

Advertisements

Seeing as how there have been a few negative posts about Arkansas made on this board lately, I thought I would throw in some positive.

Did you know that Lake Ouachita is Arkansas' largest lake, and is one of the cleanest lakes in the country? In fact, it's so clean, that the lake is home to a rare type of fresh water jellyfish, found only in the cleanest of lakes. The lake is set in the Ouachita National Forest, which is beautiful in and of itself.

I'm privileged to live within a few miles of this beautiful lake, and I take advantage of it's scenic and recreational opportunities every chance I get. As do many thousand of tourists each year, who come to our beautiful state, just to see it.

Lake Ouachita state Park near Hot Springs, Arkansas

Lake Ouachita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2011, 05:06 PM

490 posts, read 1,265,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyTisha View Post
Seeing as how there have been a few negative posts about Arkansas made on this board lately, I thought I would throw in some positive.

Did you know that Lake Ouachita is Arkansas' largest lake, and is one of the cleanest lakes in the country? In fact, it's so clean, that the lake is home to a rare type of fresh water jellyfish, found only in the cleanest of lakes. The lake is set in the Ouachita National Forest, which is beautiful in and of itself.

I'm privileged to live within a few miles of this beautiful lake, and I take advantage of it's scenic and recreational opportunities every chance I get. As do many thousand of tourists each year, who come to our beautiful state, just to see it.

I must agree with everything you said. I have been enjoying Lake Ouachita since I was a small child. I have been away from Arkansas for 40 years with my career but have managed to get back to the lake numerous times.

I will be retiring in a couple of weeks and will be moving back to within 20 miles of Lake Ouachita so I will be able to enjoy it once again.

I am so looking forward to it.

Old 05-19-2011, 11:28 AM

90 posts, read 289,910 times
Well thanks, and welcome back to Arkansas!

Old 05-21-2011, 02:06 PM

24 posts, read 56,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyTisha View Post

Agreed. I love visiting the lake every summer. It's also a wonderful place to camp.

Old 05-21-2011, 02:26 PM

401 posts, read 557,670 times
I went fishing at Lake Ouachita in the late 1980's. The person I was fishing with caught the largest crappie I have ever seen. We did not weigh it, but it was big.

Old 05-21-2011, 04:45 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,944,438 times
Can you ski on the lake?

Old 05-22-2011, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Can you ski on the lake?
Holy cow, yes, except my skiing days are over but my new bass boat will sure get a good workout there in about a month.

Old 05-22-2011, 12:13 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,944,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btoverdrive View Post
Holy cow, yes, except my skiing days are over but my new bass boat will sure get a good workout there in about a month.
I heard that it was a beautiful lake. Unfortunately for me, it is a good ways to go to get there. I think over 2 hours.

Old 05-22-2011, 04:12 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,358,017 times
I live about five miles from Ouachita, and I try to not take it for granted. As nice as Ouachita is, Lake Hamilton is the exact opposite; trashed and nasty from all the people on it.

Old 05-23-2011, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Foosball View Post
I live about five miles from Ouachita, and I try to not take it for granted. As nice as Ouachita is, Lake Hamilton is the exact opposite; trashed and nasty from all the people on it.
Very true, Lake Hamilton is a scaled down version of Lake of the Ozarks. With all that goes on at Ozarks, I don't think I would even dip my toe in the water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas