Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 07:30 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,866,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
That's the way the moderators on C-D want it.

Recently , on a different forum, a poster started a new thread.
The Moderator shut it down because since it was discussed in the past, they were supposed to post their comments to an old thread and reive it.

You can't have it both ways.
One does have to wonder, though, why someone would feel the need to dredge up a thread from over two years ago, to share that they drove through the state fifteen years ago and didn't have time to have a conversation with anyone????????

Old 09-15-2010, 07:46 AM

2,617 posts, read 3,146,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenni-b View Post
you realize that post is more than three years old, and the most recent post in this thread is more than two? how far back did you have to dig to unearth this thread?
Sorry, I was reading a similar thread and saw a footnote to this one. It was way after midnight & I missed it being an old thread. I try to watch for that but miss it sometimes. If I'd noticed the dates, I'd have passed on by.

Old 09-15-2010, 03:26 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmellc View Post
I shouldn't jump into this one, but having a brother in Oregon, I will anyway. I remember when my brother's family was moving from Hickory, NC to Springfield, OR. We had a going away party. A friend of theirs, a good guy but hated the Southeast, saw himself as a model for what people should be, told my nephew how great Oregon was, people were so beyond race, environmental thinkers, etc. Some truth to that, no doubt. The next day, I was reading articles about Portland having more skinheads per capita than any other US city. So people there weren't totally beyond race. A few years later, I visited my brother's family. Right after the Thurston HS shootings BTW. He lives near a river. I went for a walk there and could have filled a dozen trash bags with the cans & bottles lining the riverbank. So much for clean & green. I only went once to Arkansas, on the way to Oklahoma. Arkansas didn't look like somewhere I'd want to live, but I didn't really meet anyone there enough to converse, etc. Seeing a sign that the local KKK was cleaning that portion of road didn't help the impression though. This was 1995. As for thoughts about gun toters; while most bad guys are gunowners, most gunowners are not bad guys. That can be hard to separate if a person was never around guns growing up.
why in the world did yo decide to dig up a post this old?

Nita

Old 09-15-2010, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
That's the way the moderators on C-D want it.

Recently , on a different forum, a poster started a new thread.
The Moderator shut it down because since it was discussed in the past, they were supposed to post their comments to an old thread and reive it.

You can't have it both ways.
and this should not happen in my opinion. After a certian period of time it woudl be better to start a new thread on a subject, not dig up old ones.

Nita

Old 09-15-2010, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
One does have to wonder, though, why someone would feel the need to dredge up a thread from over two years ago, to share that they drove through the state fifteen years ago and didn't have time to have a conversation with anyone????????
can't rep you, have to spread it around, but it seems this is what is sometime called a TROLL or just someone with an axe to grind.

Old 09-15-2010, 05:06 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,185,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and this should not happen in my opinion. After a certian period of time it woudl be better to start a new thread on a subject, not dig up old ones.

Nita
I agree.

Nothing wrong with keeping them available to view, but they should be locked for new posting if there are no posts after 1 year.

Old 09-15-2010, 07:02 PM

731 posts, read 1,367,341 times
The OP states she has never been in the South, but does her travelling by reading city data.

I've never been to Oregon. I've driven up the coast of California to Eureka & Arcata in Humboldt County, CA some years back, and loved it. I was going to Portland, but didn't make it that far north.

"We are itching to get away from ... Portland, Oregon" -Jack Kerouac (sign in front of Vesuvio's beatnik bar in San Francisco.)

Bring cash to Vesuvio's; they don't take credit cards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elainebenes View Post
Far away in Oregon, I guess my thoughts about your state have been solidified.

Old 09-15-2010, 07:26 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,522,660 times
Just saw the title since Arkansas shows up near the top of the screen. There is also a thread with the identical title in the NC forum, and I suspect the forums for most southern states.

Could it be that the southerners ain't the problem? Just saying............

Old 09-16-2010, 07:39 AM

1,661 posts, read 5,206,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenoter View Post
The OP states she has never been in the South, but does her travelling by reading city data.
Heh....

"OK....I'll taste it........but I know I won't like it".

Old 10-18-2010, 08:52 PM

9 posts, read 21,242 times
Default Not McClards

Quote:
Originally Posted by btoverdrive View Post
Ira500, well said. That best BBQ wouldn't be McClards in Hot Springs, would it?

You should check out "Chuck's" on Airport road in Hot Springs. It may not have the history of McClard's, but the food is incredible
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas