Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 11:43 AM

763 posts, read 2,660,338 times

Advertisements

Wheere have you heard these negative comments may I ask?

Nita

Google "Reaction to Bobby Petrino's actions during the LSU/Arkansas game". I seen the word classless used plenty. Again Nita, I'm just answering your question and not trying to start a war on here that I could never win. I had up most respect for coach til Friday, but now, not so much. I'm just trying to figure out why one person could say he was right for this non sense and another person would agree. I know I won't get any love on here for my stance on this matter but I still think I'm right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2011, 11:57 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,865,579 times
Oh who cares. LSU fanboys want to call Petrino classless, so what. He's been attacked since he left the NFL. He's a great coach, and Arkansas is lucky to have him.

Oh and sorry, but to me, an 18 year old, or 19 year old isn't an "adult". They are kids, still growing, with emotions, mistakes and learning.

Old 11-27-2011, 12:10 PM

119 posts, read 346,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Oh who cares. LSU fanboys want to call Petrino classless, so what. He's been attacked since he left the NFL. He's a great coach, and Arkansas is lucky to have him.

Oh and sorry, but to me, an 18 year old, or 19 year old isn't an "adult". They are kids, still growing, with emotions, mistakes and learning.
Those kids can vote, marry, divorce, have their own kids, join the military, get killed or grievously injured while in the military, be sentenced to death for a capital crime, enter into contracts, buy a house/rent an apartment, move cross country or out of the country, have a full-time job, own and run a business, etc.

You are right that they have emotions, make mistakes, and are learning, but that applies to everyone.

Old 11-27-2011, 12:23 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Island View Post
Wheere have you heard these negative comments may I ask?

Nita

Google "Reaction to Bobby Petrino's actions during the LSU/Arkansas game". I seen the word classless used plenty. Again Nita, I'm just answering your question and not trying to start a war on here that I could never win. I had up most respect for coach til Friday, but now, not so much. I'm just trying to figure out why one person could say he was right for this non sense and another person would agree. I know I won't get any love on here for my stance on this matter but I still think I'm right.
yes, you answered it, yes, some have made comments, mainly about the handshake, but it is not like he refused to shake hands. Certainly you can understand the other side of the coin: running up the score, now is that classy or what? Sorry, I just think you are making too much out of this. Your team won, you will be number 1 tonight, and AR will probably slip down to about 8th..We are all going to big bowl games, that should be the end of it.

Old 11-27-2011, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post

It's wasn't just LSU fans Jim, and I love the way you answered my question. Fanboy is right and you know it. I agree that he is a good coach but not a good role model when he acts like that. So keep on defending his actions yesterday by calling people names and avoiding simple questions.

Old 11-27-2011, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
yes, you answered it, yes, some have made comments, mainly about the handshake, but it is not like he refused to shake hands. Certainly you can understand the other side of the coin: running up the score, now is that classy or what? Sorry, I just think you are making too much out of this. Your team won, you will be number 1 tonight, and AR will probably slip down to about 8th..We are all going to big bowl games, that should be the end of it.
Nita, with all due respect. I'm really not trying to make a big deal about this. Just want you to see my point. You must not have seen my post concerning the "Running the score up" matter. How can anyone say anything about running up a score when the final score is 41-17 ? As I stated earlier, Arkansas has won this season 51-7, 52-3, 49-7, and the game just before the LSU game, the beat Miss State 44-17. That's right, 44-17 and I don't recall Miss State's coach acting in that manner. And, as I stated earlier, when you play Arkansas, you got to play all the game because they have the ability to score in bunches ! Now, if I'm wrong to believe that a college coach shouldn't act childish and use cuss words and not shake hands at the end of the game, I'm sorry. Someone please help me understand this running the score up statements because I've totally missed something here. Please remember also that I'm a Razorback fan too ! I catch a lot of crap for rooting for both but I don't care.

Old 11-29-2011, 07:59 AM

Quote:
It's wasn't just LSU fans Jim, and I love the way you answered my question. Fanboy is right and you know it. I agree that he is a good coach but not a good role model when he acts like that. So keep on defending his actions yesterday by calling people names and avoiding simple questions.
He isn't a good role model and why? He shows emotion, that is what it is all about: he has a potty mouth, do you think he is the only coach that does or these poor kids have never heard those words before, do you think being passionate about the game makes him a poor role model? We aren't talking pop warner kids here.

Old 11-29-2011, 05:30 PM

Quote:
He isn't a good role model and why? He shows emotion, that is what it is all about: he has a potty mouth, do you think he is the only coach that does or these poor kids have never heard those words before, do you think being passionate about the game makes him a poor role model? We aren't talking pop warner kids here.
With all due respect again,
This was all about a reaction to Les running up the score and now that I've proven that statement to be Hog wash (no pun intended), we have shifted to just emotion. I agree, there is nothing wrong with showing emotion. But, there is a right way and a wrong way to do anything. If you think he represented the Razorback nation in a civilized and just manner, well that's fine because you are certainly entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine. I will say this too. If Les or any other coach acts out in this manner, I will be hammering their behinds as well. All I'm saying here is, there are a bunch of young adults or kids, whatever you want to call them, that look up to this guy for leadership and direction. So what did he teach us Friday? We learned that it's ok to beat a team 40 or 50 points but when it happens to us, we get mad and point and cuss. Yeah, that's what I want my kid to learn.

Old 11-29-2011, 07:33 PM

Quote:
With all due respect again,
This was all about a reaction to Les running up the score and now that I've proven that statement to be Hog wash (no pun intended), we have shifted to just emotion. I agree, there is nothing wrong with showing emotion. But, there is a right way and a wrong way to do anything. If you think he represented the Razorback nation in a civilized and just manner, well that's fine because you are certainly entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine. I will say this too. If Les or any other coach acts out in this manner, I will be hammering their behinds as well. All I'm saying here is, there are a bunch of young adults or kids, whatever you want to call them, that look up to this guy for leadership and direction. So what did he teach us Friday? We learned that it's ok to beat a team 40 or 50 points but when it happens to us, we get mad and point and cuss. Yeah, that's what I want my kid to learn.
ANd I will continue to say, these are not kids like in Pop Warner, they are college kids, from all walks of life, and they are not at all bothered by what the coach does within reason. I can assure you, your kids, at that stage in life will not be particular bothered by what he did or didn't do. We will just have to disagree on this. I just don't think it is a big deal and I really do not think, within reason a college coach is in the business to be a roll model to his team...(I say within reason)

Nita

Old 11-29-2011, 08:27 PM

Quote:
ANd I will continue to say, these are not kids like in Pop Warner, they are college kids, from all walks of life, and they are not at all bothered by what the coach does within reason. I can assure you, your kids, at that stage in life will not be particular bothered by what he did or didn't do. We will just have to disagree on this. I just don't think it is a big deal and I really do not think, within reason a college coach is in the business to be a roll model to his team...(I say within reason)

Nita
lol. I'm enjoying our little debate we got going here. I guess we will just have to disagree too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas