Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 06:36 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,862,536 times

Advertisements

I didn't see the Troy game, but was told by friends who were there the Hogs played sloppy. I can't believe Troy got 28 points. Alabama on CBS Saturday, I'll be calling the Hogs from the Rocky Mountains!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2011, 06:45 PM

16,507 posts, read 26,285,643 times
My ex-roommate is a huge Razorback fan (We Saints fans are grateful for Ingrahm) and expects the LSU match-up to be an easy win for Arkansas. Of course I don't agree. Haven't watched any Arkansas games but our defense is looking like a brick wall and our offense is looking like the Saints. Good luck in Death Valley... haha

Old 09-18-2011, 06:57 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
My ex-roommate is a huge Razorback fan (We Saints fans are grateful for Ingrahm) and expects the LSU match-up to be an easy win for Arkansas. Of course I don't agree. Haven't watched any Arkansas games but our defense is looking like a brick wall and our offense is looking like the Saints. Good luck in Death Valley... haha
this is not totally true: The defense has looked very good except for the last quarter last night. They did relax and it really showed. It is pretty hard to keep up the pace with 3 pre season games. I don't think the game was ever in doubt. Our grandson in law has season tickets, he predicted weeks ago Troy would be tougher than many thought.

If the Razorbacks don't look presentable next week then we can start worrying.

Nita

Old 09-18-2011, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
I didn't see the Troy game, but was told by friends who were there the Hogs played sloppy. I can't believe Troy got 28 points. Alabama on CBS Saturday, I'll be calling the Hogs from the Rocky Mountains!
It wasn't as bad as it was made out to be: Sloppy the last quarter yes, the rest of the game they looked good. I think they let their guard down, Troy does have a decent team and the Razorbacks got some crappy calls against them. Alabama is rated 2nd so I am guessing it could be a really tough game for the Razorbacks.

Nita

Old 09-19-2011, 01:43 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,909,291 times
Quote:
My ex-roommate is a huge Razorback fan (We Saints fans are grateful for Ingrahm)
As a huge Saints fan, I'm grateful to Alabama for creating such a great player in Mark Ingram.

Quote:
expects the LSU match-up to be an easy win for Arkansas. Of course I don't agree.
I watched the LSU/Miss State game and it was a defensive struggle for 3 quarters. LSU wore them down and soundly beat them. Awesome game and I bet the Hog's coaches have a dozen copies of the game ready to start watching later in the year.

The Boll Weevils lost their first game of the year against OBU.

Old 09-23-2011, 02:52 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,862,536 times
I'll be cheering on my Hogs from here in Colorado and will celebrate when we're 4-0 with a win against Alabama Saturday...on CBS!

Old 09-23-2011, 03:41 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,529,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
I'll be cheering on my Hogs from here in Colorado and will celebrate when we're 4-0 with a win against Alabama Saturday...on CBS!
You're gonna be disappointed. The Hogs always choke on the big stage. It's what they do.

Old 09-23-2011, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
You're gonna be disappointed. The Hogs always choke on the big stage. It's what they do.
Beat LSU last year to knock them out of BCS championship contention on national TV. Google "miracle on Markham" for 2 other LSU games. We've also upset Alabama and Auburn in the last few years but I don't have the time to look up the details.

Old 09-24-2011, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
Beat LSU last year to knock them out of BCS championship contention on national TV. Google "miracle on Markham" for 2 other LSU games. We've also upset Alabama and Auburn in the last few years but I don't have the time to look up the details.
thanks Robert, there are always people,for some reason, just say things to be saying them. Today might be a huge challenge, Bequette is injured and Alabama is #2 or #3 depending on the poll, but to say we always choke is over the top. We aren't talking about the Hogs of 4 or more years ago or even 3 years ago, we are talking about todays Hogs.

NIta

Old 09-24-2011, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
We aren't talking about the Hogs of 4 or more years ago or even 3 years ago, we are talking about todays Hogs.
And that starts at the top. Just look at Nutt and the Rebels today. They look like the Hogs a few years ago except for the color of the uniform. Exact same play calling and execution.

Someone here in the north MS area was selling a slightly used (twice) airplane banner saying "Fire Nutt" on Craig's List. I included shipping from Fayetteville.

I've been on an underdog football team playing one that "out manned" us at every position. With 24 players total we beat a higher classification team 42 to 14. I've also been on the losing end of that as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas