Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 07:29 AM

1,661 posts, read 5,206,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenacresusa View Post
Thanks, we'll have to check it out when we go out again (late September).
Check the cheeseburgers at Julia's while you're there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 11:11 AM

92 posts, read 229,869 times
Hi RogMar, we'll have to check that out. We usually head up the other way (Evening Shade/Ash Flat/Highland/Hardy) when we're out there but have been down a few times to Cave City. Not sure where Julia's is but we'll look for it. Thanks

Old 07-22-2009, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Hi RogMar, we'll have to check that out. We usually head up the other way (Evening Shade/Ash Flat/Highland/Hardy) when we're out there but have been down a few times to Cave City. Not sure where Julia's is but we'll look for it. Thanks
Julia's is about half way through town on the east side of the street, just has the name of the restaurant on the window.

Another place is the white building right across the street from the new high school called "Ray's". They have buffet lunches and pizzas, and the Sunday buffet's pretty darned good.

In Highland, Frederick's, after being under construction forever, is finally open and has really good food.

Yep, we all end up on "the four lane" sooner or later.

Old 07-22-2009, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogMar View Post
Julia's is about half way through town on the east side of the street, just has the name of the restaurant on the window.

Another place is the white building right across the street from the new high school called "Ray's". They have buffet lunches and pizzas, and the Sunday buffet's pretty darned good.

In Highland, Frederick's, after being under construction forever, is finally open and has really good food.

Yep, we all end up on "the four lane" sooner or later.
Sounds good, we'll have all sorts of things to check out. We don't always have time to eat out too much when we're out there but we try to eat out one time or two. Most of the time we cook over the fire/propane stove at the cabin.

We did eat at Frederick's this spring. Really good food!! And good prices. When we're out at the land a friend or two will take us out to eat. Sometimes we pay, sometimes they do. Works out great; new place to eat, great food, good friends

And we know that about "on the four lane in Highland" as the radio says. We've been to many places on that. Was sad to hear and then see all the business that got wiped out from the tornado but so glad to see a lot of rebuilding going on.

Thanks for the info and sooner or later we'll check them all out.

Old 07-23-2009, 03:27 AM

807 posts, read 2,514,998 times
Quote:
Check the cheeseburgers at Julia's while you're there.
You have me intrigued there on the burgers. It's been a while,but it seems like I remember that place. We will have to try that sometimes because I love a good cheeseburger.

They have their Watermelon Festival the same weekend as the big one in Hope don't they?

Old 07-23-2009, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenKarber View Post
You have me intrigued there on the burgers. It's been a while,but it seems like I remember that place. We will have to try that sometimes because I love a good cheeseburger.

They have their Watermelon Festival the same weekend as the big one in Hope don't they?
Yep, they do.

Ya know, Cave City is a real red-headed-step-child, but it has a few good points. As most every place I've been has.

Old 07-28-2009, 12:45 AM

82 posts, read 223,916 times
Default Hi greenacresusa!

Quote:
Hi, we have land just south of Evening Shade and have a question about Cave City too. We heard there are caves under Cave City but we haven't been able to find anything about them. We'd like to check them out on our next visit to our land. Any information would be great! Thanks, Glenn and Deb
Here's a bit of on-line info I found on Cave City:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cave_Ci...nsas#Geography

Crystal River Court:

http://www.[domain blocked due to spam].com/album/detail/ca...R21LULNMDJ1KPV

I have family that lives about 15 miles out of town and the area is really gorgeous. Cave City, itself, is a rather small town (city) and Sharp County is dry, meaning no alcohol is sold there.

Hubby and I just bought 17 acres just north of Evening Shade and are excited about the move. It's raw land so we'll be "camping out" over the winter in a 22', thirty-five year old, travel trailer. I can't wait, it's gonna be a blast!!!

Dawn

Last edited by Skip-n-Bit; 07-28-2009 at 12:50 AM.. Reason: to fix links

Old 07-28-2009, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip-n-Bit View Post
Here's a bit of on-line info I found on Cave City:

Cave City, Arkansas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Crystal River Court:

Crystal River Court - Cave City Photo Album - [domain blocked due to spam]

I have family that lives about 15 miles out of town and the area is really gorgeous. Cave City, itself, is a rather small town (city) and Sharp County is dry, meaning no alcohol is sold there.

Hubby and I just bought 17 acres just north of Evening Shade and are excited about the move. It's raw land so we'll be "camping out" over the winter in a 22', thirty-five year old, travel trailer. I can't wait, it's gonna be a blast!!!

Dawn
Thanks!! I remember the posting of the couple that bought the 17 acres but had not seen the photo/forum link or the wikipedia links. Very cool pictures/links!!!!

Old 07-28-2009, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip-n-Bit View Post
Hubby and I just bought 17 acres just north of Evening Shade

Dawn
How far north of Evening Shade? I'm 10 miles north, and 7 miles west of 167.

Ate at Woodie's in town yet?

It is the epitome of "nuthin fancy, just good food".

Old 07-28-2009, 01:00 PM

82 posts, read 223,916 times
Quote:
How far north of Evening Shade? I'm 10 miles north, and 7 miles west of 167.

Ate at Woodie's in town yet?

It is the epitome of "nuthin fancy, just good food".
Hi RogMar!

Our land is 1 and a half miles south of the Sharp County Fairgrounds, right off Hwy 167.

Skip's out there right now getting a contractor hired to put in the culvert (across the Hwy Dept's Right-of-Way), put in a driveway (gravel included), run our water line and clear us about an acre to set up our camper, workshop and chickens.

Haven't eaten at Woodie's but will definately check it out on our next trip out there. Ya can't go wrong with "nuthin' fancy, just good food"!

I'm really looking forward to getting moved out there...we just found out that they're building a Dollar General Store across from the place that we are currently renting. We moved out here because it was rural and we love having cows as neighbors. A Dollar Store...there goes the neighborhood!!!

Dawn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas