U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 07:01 AM

5,981 posts, read 16,748,017 times

Advertisements

That means overhauling the entire federal system including the FDA and re-categorizing probably all controlled substances. Big pharma and pharmacy chains aren't going to allow that anyway - they can charge upwards of $6-8/per pill for the generic of Zofran to fight nausea. Having been on the losing end of the nausea battle for a long time with chemo I certainly sympathize, but the Arkansas law is poorly written - very poorly. Even if you knock federal law out, the initiative is so vague that it could be construed a lot of ways.

It's just running around in circles until you turn into tiger butter unless federal law is overturned and revamped. Fed law always supersedes state or local law. I don't think the US Supreme Court is going to get involved for a very long while - it's been a while since 2005, and the ruling at that time left people open for federal prosecution even in supposedly protected states. Nothing has moved in the federal arena since that time even though a number of states have legalized the medical use.

Old 11-05-2012, 10:08 AM

1,205 posts, read 2,397,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I think what the question here is, what controls will there really be? I think people have to be somewhat familiar with the Ca situation to understand. There was a letter in the paper yesterday, from a supporter who talked about a friend of his who had trouble keeping weight on because of a small appitite. When she finally was able to smoke pot (this is here in AR) her appitite picked up. So now, he thinks pot should be perscribed for peoplle who have a problem with their appitite. it is not going to be despenced via a perscription, but just a recommendation by a doctor. I have complete sympathy for those who have used it truely for medical reasons, and when someone in really suffering or dieing whatever helps is ok with me, but unfortunately, until it avaiable in pill form and is given by perscription only I have to continue to vote against it.
I was really just wanting Dutchman01's opinion.

But since you are here why do you not consider Marinol to be weed in a pill form given out by prescription only?

Old 11-05-2012, 02:23 PM

75,660 posts, read 88,408,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlyFeller View Post
I was really just wanting Dutchman01's opinion.

But since you are here why do you not consider Marinol to be weed in a pill form given out by prescription only?
I thought we were discussing medical marajuana, I didn't know we were discussing outher drugs and if we are going to shouldn't that be on the political thread, not here. Marinol has nothing to do with the AR election tomorrow.

Nita

Old 11-05-2012, 11:41 PM

1,205 posts, read 2,397,557 times
Quote:
I thought we were discussing medical marajuana, I didn't know we were discussing outher drugs and if we are going to shouldn't that be on the political thread, not here. Marinol has nothing to do with the AR election tomorrow.

Nita

You said "until it avaiable in pill form and is given by perscription only I have to continue to vote against it.".

I assume you meant medical marijuana in Arkansas. I was wondering why if Arkansas did legalize MM but only in a pill form by prescription, it would be different from the marinol pills some people in Arkansas have already been subscribed.

Old 11-06-2012, 01:25 PM

1 posts, read 856 times
Talking Medical Marijuana

I feel that the statement earlier "until it comes in a pill form, i will vote against it"

Are you really that misinformed?
You may wish to get yourself educated before assuming anything. Not everyone smokes it!

People who will be receiving medical marijuana for treatment of several things will not always smoke it.

Tinctures can be made filtering it through vodka and cheese cloth to extract it. And, a drop of two under the tongue.

Of course edibles are a great way to enhance eating disorders, making butter for everyday use since it binds to fat cells.

People who will be using medical marijuana are not going out of there way to annoy people by smoking in public..

They wish only to have some aid and Options. Options versus taking a handful of pills like a lot of us do to cope daily.

One for pain, one for muscle relaxing, one for sleeping, one for blood pressure, one for nausea and of course a few for the stomach issues. And, still in the same sick cycle.

I will guarantee the fact the FDA does not regulate it makes them sick. They could lose millions in revenue.

It is time American citizens have options, and maybe create some jobs in the country like there were in the hemp industry. George Bush Sr. Was in the navy, The Parachutes, the ropes on the ships and his boots were made from hemp. Look it up, the time era when everything was made from durable Hemp.

I am happy it is going through.....might be the best thing to happen down south.

Old 11-06-2012, 01:34 PM

30,141 posts, read 66,447,740 times
As a natural state agricultural product MJ (and hemp) should be legal by default.

Some regulation on distribution is not unreasonable.
But regulation should be done with a very light hand...
think USDA and county extension agent... not cops and courts.
---

The other principle problematic drugs (cocaine and heroin) should be re-medicalized.
Their distribution by way of Doctors and Pharmacists eliminates 99% of the problems
associated with abuse, user crime and (the big one!) distribution level crime and terrorist funding.

Prohibition has never worked and it never will.

Old 11-06-2012, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
As a natural state agricultural product MJ (and hemp) should be legal by default.

Some regulation on distribution is not unreasonable.
But regulation should be done with a very light hand...
think USDA and county extension agent... not cops and courts.
---

The other principle problematic drugs (cocaine and heroin) should be re-medicalized.
Their distribution by way of Doctors and Pharmacists eliminates 99% of the problems
associated with abuse, user crime and (the big one!) distribution level crime and terrorist funding.

Prohibition has never worked and it never will.
We keep hearing the phrase: prohibition won't work, there is a little difference: Prohibition is not what we are talking about: Prohibition was taking a legal substance and trying to make it illegal; we are talking about making an illegal substance and trying to legalize it.

Old 11-06-2012, 02:49 PM

30,141 posts, read 66,447,740 times
Quote:
Prohibition was taking a legal substance and trying to make it illegal...
Which is HOW marijuana (and heroin ftm) became illegal.

Quote:
we are talking about taking an illegal substance and trying to re-legalize it.
Good. Do that. Soon please.
btw... It's only been about 70 years that MJ has been illegal.
Look into how (and why) that came about.

Old 11-07-2012, 05:26 AM

789 posts, read 682,825 times
Voted down
With Washington (state) and Colorado voting for recreational pot I do wonder how long it'll stay illegal

Old 11-07-2012, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
Which is HOW marijuana (and heroin ftm) became illegal.

Good. Do that. Soon please.
btw... It's only been about 70 years that MJ has been illegal.
Look into how (and why) that came about.
tech you are right, and I knew you or someone would pick up on this, but we are talking booze, being legal, then prohibition and then re-legalized all in a very short period of time: Pot an Her have been illegal since way before any of us were even born..Plus MJ wasn't really legalized but it just existed...Regardless, as I said tech you are right...most do not see it quite this way. It is more complicated than that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or