Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2015, 02:42 PM

1 posts, read 4,914 times

Advertisements

I can actually tell you about Fairfield Bay. I have owned property at fair field since the sixties, and have watched the POA fees go up year after year without seeing any improvement in the area of Fairfield Bay where I purchased my property. I want to be cautious about what I say to avoid issues with the poa, suffice it to say I am 75 years old. I'm no more longer able to drive that distance for recreation and my property is in such decline and the roads in such bad shape I can't get to them to look at the property. still I am being charged monthly for services that a: I no longer am able to take advantage of. B: I can't see where that the money I am paying is iimproving anything. I am from Arkansas. I love it too. I was born at Heber Springs which is one reason why I bought the property. All was well in the sixties until timeshare came into being and Cooper communities who owned all the property back then decided that they could make more money that wayI'm sure then they could building roads and making the properties already sold more desirable. so those of us who didn't buy where they were already building have been essentially shut out. Still, the fees keep going up. In protest I stopped paying the fees. Now I am facing a collection company. If you would like to see agood poa. Check out Bella Vista up at Bentonville, AR thanks for listening. Mp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2015, 08:34 PM

2 posts, read 9,487 times
I bought two lots in 2005 via the Internet, thinking that I might live there one day. But that never happened; and I've been paying poa since 2005. Adding all those years paying the poa, I've been paying between 4000 to 5000 dollars, and never used any of the services, nothing! For the past year and a haft, I faced unemployment and unable to continue paying the poa. I did let them know my situation but they sent me to collection department anyway! What can we do with these people?

Old 10-13-2015, 08:37 PM

2 posts, read 9,487 times
I have a couple of lots, one located right at the mouth of Greers Ferry lake and the other located not too far, that I would like to donate. If anyone interested in owning them please let me know.

Old 12-01-2015, 10:49 AM

4 posts, read 15,527 times
We have owned property here about 10 years and moved here 2 years ago. It is a beautiful little community with lots of amenities (in part due to Wyndham having a resort here). They maintain it very well, although not all the roads that were platted and created at the time it was developed have been paved or maintained...many of them have no homes on them so those roads are let go due to monetary constraints. The developed areas, however, are paved and maintained.

The cost of living here is inexpensive compared to other parts of the country, and while we have a pretty active real estate market, the prices are low. The exception to the Good market is lots. Unfortunately, there are just too many available and the cost of building is so much higher than purchasing an existing home that the demand for lots is low.

There is a fee paid to the community club. $46 paid by every owner to cover maintenance and upkeep of the amenities and common areas, $11 on each developed LOT for garbage and $46 for any home or condo on city sewer. If your home is on a septic system, you do not pay that $46.

Hope this answers some of your questions.

Old 12-22-2015, 10:08 PM

2,653 posts, read 3,044,319 times
I was only there once in 1977 for a family reunion. I can still remember how beautiful I thought the region was. Other than that, I can't offer anymore information.

Old 12-30-2015, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacko2015 View Post
I have a couple of lots, one located right at the mouth of Greers Ferry lake and the other located not too far, that I would like to donate. If anyone interested in owning them please let me know.

Is the one at the mouth of Greers Ferry Lake a lakefront lot?

Old 03-26-2016, 07:11 PM

The Fairfield Bay Community Club fees are $103. That breaks down to $46 for the amenities, maintenance of grounds and common areas and roads;$11 for trash pick up and $46 for sewer. If you buy a house on septic instead of city sewer you do not pay that $46. If you buy a condo you have additional condo fees which cover grounds and exterior maintenance and exterior insurance. Some condos also include cable TV or internet in their fees as well. Hope that helps clarify. Real Estate taxes are low, and if AR is your primary residence you get a $350 homestead credit. Your taxes will lock in after you reach age 65 so you don't have to worry about them continuing to rise.

Old 08-09-2018, 01:04 PM

1 posts, read 3,557 times
My wife and I retired to FFB four years ago. We purchased a well-maintained, 1,350 sq ft home for $51K and have put another $6K into it. A similar home, on a much smaller lot, in Denver, CO would run $385K; Wash,DC - $620K; Gallaway, Ireland - $280K. In point if fact, homes in FFB are the least expensive in the western world!

Our homeowners' dues, which include the community club, road maintenance, and sewer are $107.10 per month. Property taxes, real and personal, are $432 a year. A golf membership, with cart, runs about $2,700 a couple annually (either course), and a slip at the marina about $1,250. Water and electric are also much cheaper when compared to Denver or Wash,DC.

No real shopping, pubs, restaurants, etc. but you can get groceries local. Dry county, have to go 90 minutes south to buy liquor. Recent strong movement by city and community club to be cheap - don't understand difference between cost effective and cheap but strong movement to replace through elections.

Nice, easy place to retire. No crime, easy to travel from.

Old 02-01-2024, 10:53 AM

2 posts, read 642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacko2015 View Post
My name is Donna and I am interested in the lots you're donating! I'm on SSI with custody of my minor grandson whose mother passed away from covid. Would we be able to to set a portable cabin on these lots? Please respond ASAP and I'll drive up today to look at them if you'll give me an address. Thank you! 417-737-1915

Old 02-01-2024, 10:57 AM

2 posts, read 642 times
Needing lots owner finance to set up a portable cabin for me and my grandson ASAP my number is 417-737-1915 anywhere in Arkansas within an hour and half of Searcy, Ar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas