Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2023, 12:20 AM

9 posts, read 7,792 times

Advertisements

Was working on my driveway on a Sunday afternoon (cuz I work 6 days a wk & some Sundays) and the neighbor comes out cussing me about dirt from my tractor tires on the street. Next thing I know, I'm getting pulled over by the neighbors "personal" local cop. I was agitated but nonetheless, I was still cooperating with the officer while trying to explain myself. He was very (in my opinion and in the opinion of witnesses and others) aggressive and quick to "taze" me. I was sitting on the tractor when he did it. It wasn't running nor was I running or even attempting to. I wasn't doing anything but sitting there. He had asked for my name/DOB but wanted me to get off the tractor. I gave him my name and he even wrote it on his hand but I asked him why he wanted me off the tractor to identify myself (it's small and has no cab). My girl friend had walked down there and I gave her my phone and told her to video the situation. She had walked away for a few seconds and I was looking at her when I heard the "pop" of that tazer. It wasn't a pleasant experience. I would like to consult an attorney that might do me a pro-bono deal or something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2023, 09:21 AM

2,411 posts, read 1,618,717 times
So you were totally ignoring the police officer and got tazed. I would love to watch the entire "show" on video.

Old 09-28-2023, 06:22 PM

11,007 posts, read 17,377,801 times
Try filing a complaint with the police department, but make sure she got some of it on video. If all she got was you getting tazed, it might not do much good if she started just in time for your shocking. He could tell them everything under the sun about what led up to what happened. But I would do something to keep him from getting away with it.

Old 09-28-2023, 07:00 PM

1,684 posts, read 761,565 times
Tazed on a tractor? This is in Arkansas?

Get that sucker uploaded to Youtube! The clicks will pay for your legal fees AND a 30 pack of Bud Light.

Old 10-23-2023, 03:28 PM

So, they dropped all charges and the "Barney fife" of a cop doesn't work there anymore, or at least that's what I heard.

Old 10-23-2023, 03:30 PM

And sad to say, their sorry asses wouldn't give me a copy of the cops body cam. They wouldn't even let me see it.

Old 10-23-2023, 06:59 PM

11,007 posts, read 17,377,801 times
They can't stop you. Get a Freedom of Information application. This is a federal law where they have to give it to you when requested.

https://foia.state.gov/learn/foia.aspx

Old 10-25-2023, 05:22 AM

4,672 posts, read 3,105,781 times
FOIA is for federal agencies only. May be state specific rules that apply, tho.

Old 10-25-2023, 08:05 AM

35,512 posts, read 17,671,918 times
Before you sue, the lawyer would ask you what you want in compensation, and what loss you suffered.

Were you injured? It doesn't really sound like it.

All charges were dropped, so you aren't fighting a criminal case.

The police officer, from what you know, is gone from the force.

What do you want the town to do, beyond dropping the charges and firing the officer?

Do you want to be sideways with the police force in your town, while you're also sideways with your next door neighbor?

Old 11-04-2023, 08:42 PM

It seems as if it would jus be too much trouble. So, I'm gonna do nothing, jus like the majority of people would do these days. I'll leave it be, not stand up to th bully or the way over bearing government as it steadily reminds us of it's presence and it's likelyhood of becoming a full blown police state governed by an authoritarian, communist regime unless something is done and people stand up for their rights. It'll be easier to take the path of least resistance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas