Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2013, 11:16 AM

76 posts, read 106,240 times

Advertisements

I heard investors from California are buying up inexpensive lots in Hot Springs Village; does anyone have any information on who is buying?

Is it a good time to consider investing?

Last edited by delongchampsnoir; 06-07-2013 at 11:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2013, 11:25 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delongchampsnoir View Post
I heard investors from Irvine, CA & Florida are once again buying up inexpensive lots in Hot Springs Village; does anyone have any information on who is buying?
I am guessing if there is any truth to that, they are doing the same thing in Bella Vista, but I haven't heard. I do know real estate here is selling so fast, they can hardly keep their inventory up. I think it is, an improving economy and the lower interest rates. I have a feeling the rates will soon start up and we may see the market slow down again. Oh and BTW, I am not quite sure why investors from Florida would be so interested in AR market: California, yes.

Old 06-07-2013, 02:12 PM

1,661 posts, read 5,209,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I am guessing if there is any truth to that, they are doing the same thing in Bella Vista, but I haven't heard. I do know real estate here is selling so fast, they can hardly keep their inventory up. I think it is, an improving economy and the lower interest rates. I have a feeling the rates will soon start up and we may see the market slow down again. Oh and BTW, I am not quite sure why investors from Florida would be so interested in AR market: California, yes.

There has always been a ton of speculation buying in my neck of the woods. There are real estate firms that put lots in the "retirement communities" on ebay for $1,000, and they sell like hotcakes. When I read the transfers on a lot of them, I see quite a few foreign buyers. Maybe they're planning on retiring in China and moving to the Ozarks, I dunno.

Old 06-07-2013, 02:27 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogMar View Post
There has always been a ton of speculation buying in my neck of the woods. There are real estate firms that put lots in the "retirement communities" on ebay for $1,000, and they sell like hotcakes. When I read the transfers on a lot of them, I see quite a few foreign buyers. Maybe they're planning on retiring in China and moving to the Ozarks, I dunno.
Actually, the Cooper corp, which represented Ch. village, HS Village and Bella Vista closed down their offices here shortly after we moved here 5 years ago. Yes, the lots do sell, when they go on the block, every so often, but they are selling, mainly so people can use the sporting facilities at a discounted price.
I haven't seen the foreign buyers, if they want to move here, assuming they open some really good Asian restaurants, I am all for it. I know this isn't PC, but at least they will contribute to the economy.

Nita

Old 06-07-2013, 11:13 PM

288 posts, read 1,079,905 times
I had an investor buy up my 7 remaining BVV lots earlier this year, but I haven't heard of anyone buying in bulk in HSV yet. Hopefully soon, I've got 142!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas