U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 04:42 AM

75,590 posts, read 88,318,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasSlim View Post
It isn't that I'm "settled and happy", it's the fact my clock is running down .
Well I can say the same, but I am settled and happy but my clock is also running out. Heck we were out til 9:30 last night at our granddaughters and I thought I would fall asleep before we left. I made it all the way home without dozing off; all the way home was about 25 minutes. I can assure you my head barely hit the pillow before I was sleeping.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2013, 07:52 AM

389 posts, read 1,064,840 times
I have often observed how easy it is to get into Little Rock and how easy it is to go around it with the by-passes. It is easily the best of the "largest" small cities to get to and around. And once inside the city it is easy as well. Personally, I find the local television station reporting crime that is mostly in a certain section of the city. One would need to know exactly where those places are to pinpoint those areas. As far as we are concerned, living only 35 miles from Benton (a suburb of Little Rock) I haven't seen any evidence of crime and there are many nice homes to be found there at reasonable prices.

Where I live in Hot Springs on the south side of the by-pass I seldom see evidence of crime. In reading over the newspaper articles it is noteworthy that the miscreants seem to be centered in certain areas even on the same streets. I don't go into those areas myself but I don't view this as a problem regardless.

If one wants to go into high crime areas, one can go to Chicago or certain areas of St. Louis near where I used to live and work. I even had occasion, many years ago, when I was young and stupid to go into the projects where the police didn't even go. I could tell some stories but that is not what this thread is all about.

Yes, Little Rock is a fine place to live and I'm glad to see it is finally getting its due recognition. In fact, all of Arkansas should be given more prominence. I have often remarked to others that no one seems to know about it. There are mountains, greenery everywhere and beautiful drives without much congestion. That's a welcome relief from such places as Houston, Texas where it is literally 100 miles of concrete from the north end to the south end on the way to Galveston. Arkansas is nothing like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or