Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 12:25 PM

23 posts, read 117,578 times

Advertisements

I am just about ready for rehab heh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2008, 12:36 PM

4,901 posts, read 8,747,912 times
I understand your frustration. I dearly love Arkansas myself (not Pine Bluff, though!), but you must also be aware that there is meth in Arkansas, too, especially in the rural parts....lots and lots of wilderness for them to hide their meth labs in!

But there is plenty of hunting and fishing in all of Arkansas....some of it in the farmlands, some of it in the mountains. Just pick whichever topography you like best, find a place with lots of prisons nearby, and go with it. I think you would be happy just about anywhere in Arkansas if hunting and fishing are really important to you, and shopping and entertainment are not. (Except for Pine Bluff)

Old 03-21-2009, 12:41 PM

"Miserable in Montana" think I will change my name to that heh. It's been a year now or so since I started this thread and we are still no closer to being able to escape this state and make it to Arkansas. The worse the economy gets the farther away moving seems to move. And now as the weather is starting to warm here, I am just plain depressed at having no where to go do some "normal" fishing, there are still no sounds of chickens clucking in my yard as they scratch around for bugs and goodies. I long to see an actual squirrel again before I forget what they even look like. I long to hear birds twitering in the trees... I may not be able to see a real squirrel anymore but if I have another year in this place I can just look in the mirror and see someone that is getting really "squirrly" ............sigh.............

Old 03-22-2009, 01:50 PM

1,661 posts, read 5,206,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnisledLady View Post
"Miserable in Montana" think I will change my name to that heh. It's been a year now or so since I started this thread and we are still no closer to being able to escape this state and make it to Arkansas. The worse the economy gets the farther away moving seems to move. And now as the weather is starting to warm here, I am just plain depressed at having no where to go do some "normal" fishing, there are still no sounds of chickens clucking in my yard as they scratch around for bugs and goodies. I long to see an actual squirrel again before I forget what they even look like. I long to hear birds twitering in the trees... I may not be able to see a real squirrel anymore but if I have another year in this place I can just look in the mirror and see someone that is getting really "squirrly" ............sigh.............
I'd be glad to set a video camera on the deck and let you see some squirrels play.

It'd be kind of like those "fish" screen savers people have got.

Or I could post a photo of the squirrels in my freezer!

It is spring here, you know it from the minute you first wake.

Won't be long when you can't watch TV at night for the whippoorwills.

Old 03-22-2009, 06:49 PM

seriously - there are no squirrels in Montana - I have not seen a live squirrel in over 7 years now. I miss feeding them and hunting them

Old 03-27-2009, 09:33 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,747,912 times
Argh! I wish you could come hunt squirrels in my yard! I also wish that my old BB gun would kill them! They dig in my flowers, destroy my pears, and plant millions of pecan and oak trees in my flower beds every year. I hate 'em....wouldn't feed one for anything.

Old 03-28-2009, 08:41 AM

1,661 posts, read 5,206,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
Argh! I wish you could come hunt squirrels in my yard! I also wish that my old BB gun would kill them! They dig in my flowers, destroy my pears, and plant millions of pecan and oak trees in my flower beds every year. I hate 'em....wouldn't feed one for anything.
I don't know if you caught my post a while back about urban squirrels ( not to be confused with 'urban hipsters'....I think), but when I lived in a city, I had huge problems with them.

People would feed them, of course, and if it stopped with the corn growing all over my lawn, I could live with that.

They crawled the power line coming to my house, chewed their way into my attic, and nested.

Loose the dogs of war and cry havoc.......

I repaired, they chewed back through, I put up fake owls, rubber snakes, noisemakers in the wind, I repaired, they chewed through.

Finally, I went and bought a pump pellet rifle, and adjusted the sights.

Took a screen out of a back window.

I began eating squirrel after an absence from God's own buffet.

That solved the problem, and I had some good squirrel breakfasts.

The widda lady next door, who noted that the squirrels were no longer working on the ears of corn she put out, commented to me one day.

"I wonder where they went?"

"I dunno......Florida?"

Old 03-28-2009, 04:12 PM

heh that's hystericl - sounds like something I would do/say

Old 04-12-2009, 10:21 PM

111 posts, read 390,925 times
Default Well....

There's a "gotta get out of Pine Bluff" thread in the related threads down at the end of this thread so maybe you can hook up with them and get a deal on their house.

I agree with most everyone else - try Calico Rock first.

There's also still a Youth Services Center in Alexander I think which would be kids instead of adults.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:04 AM

5 posts, read 16,295 times
Pine Bluff is full of crime..Hunting and fishing is great though.Southern Arkansas has plenty of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas