U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 06:00 AM

75,590 posts, read 88,318,961 times

Advertisements

Just thought I would pass this along cause I found it pretty funny and yet, maybe sad in a way. Our daughter and her husband attended son in laws, 40th high school reunion in So CA last weekend. Of cours they had a chance to visit with many old friends, even a couple of guy who were in their wedding but who they had lost contact with. Anyway, one of the guys was there with his CA wife. The gal, being very much CA was amazed to think someone would be raised in CA and choose to live in AR. Finally she asked my daughter, what in the world did they do for entertainment and was there really places to shop? Our daughter, nicely let the gal know, there were top restaurants, one of the top Art museums in the country, if not the world and major Dept stores. The gal, just stared at our daughter and then said, Oh my God, you mean AR is just like a real state? I will just add this little bit, and I am a proud mom, I am guessing daughter and sil are much more successful than this gal and her husband. Of course, me and my mouth would probably told the gal: oh we raise all our own food and I use old gunny sacks to make our cloths. We don't have time to worry about entertainment cause we get up with the roosters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2013, 08:38 AM

11,612 posts, read 13,323,723 times
California, of course. I get the same reaction here in the smoke me state.

Old 08-29-2013, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
California, of course. I get the same reaction here in the smoke me state.
and we are constantly told how smart and sophisticated people in CA are, right? I will give them credit for one thing, the state puts out some darn good football teams, but I wonder how well they would do in our conference.

Old 08-29-2013, 10:03 AM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,120 posts, read 7,785,642 times
Please don't lump us all in with the SoCal crowd....
Some of us Califoriegnyers think the absolute best restraunt ever is the Mont Ne Inn on Beaver Lake
And the only museum that interest us are ( and we are patiently waiting for it to open) the US Marshal Museum in Fort Smith, The Westward Expansion Museum in St Louis and the Cowboy Museum in Oklahoma City...
And fine shopping can be done at Tractor Supply, Bass Pro Shops, Super Wallmart and the local feed store..... Nuff said

Old 08-29-2013, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali BassMan View Post
Please don't lump us all in with the SoCal crowd....
Some of us Califoriegnyers think the absolute best restraunt ever is the Mont Ne Inn on Beaver Lake
And the only museum that interest us are ( and we are patiently waiting for it to open) the US Marshal Museum in Fort Smith, The Westward Expansion Museum in St Louis and the Cowboy Museum in Oklahoma City...
And fine shopping can be done at Tractor Supply, Bass Pro Shops, Super Wallmart and the local feed store..... Nuff said
You are making me smile: we are getting a new tractor supply store not far from here and a new Bass Pro shop is either just opened or is about to. I don't remember which. I know, we lived in CA a good part of our lives: even though we were L.A. people my dad thought life revolved around hunting and fishing. That is why, when he retired he moved to Paradise. He would have absolutely loved NWA. He too. would not be impressed with Crystal Bridges museum, or the up scale restaurants we have. He did all that when he was still working.

Old 08-29-2013, 12:24 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,120 posts, read 7,785,642 times
Your Dad sounds like a great man.
Paradise must have been great for him, Lake Orovile to fish in, Tons of wildlife and Sprint Car racing in Chico....
As long as you don't get burned out in a wildfire, your good..

Old 08-29-2013, 02:10 PM

2,457 posts, read 6,519,092 times
Hmmmm So why do so many Cali people end up in Ark Just wondering

Old 08-29-2013, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasSlim View Post
Hmmmm So why do so many Cali people end up in Ark Just wondering
They are the smarter and less artificial ones. Knowing this gals husband and I do, he was in our daughter and son in laws wedding, I can pretty well figure out what she is like.

Old 08-29-2013, 05:16 PM

427 posts, read 981,204 times
Bass Pro Shop in Little Rock will be done in a couple of months...cannot wait. Will be a short drive from the East gate of HSV...and I love Tractor Supply!!!

Last edited by btoverdrive; 08-29-2013 at 05:17 PM.. Reason: sp

Old 08-30-2013, 09:22 AM

4,817 posts, read 7,092,624 times
Atwoods is great, too. My daughter loves stopping by the one in Clarksville in the spring to look at the baby chickens and ducks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas