U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 03:30 PM

1,507 posts, read 1,741,662 times

Advertisements

I mad an offer on some acreage in Hot Springs. 3.25 acres on a ridge with a good view. 4300 an acre. I know I should have asked this before I bought but I think its a good buy. Is that a fair price for good land with a good view in a solid sub that has nice homes? Its about 5 miles from down town HS in between the village and HS. I lived near there before and it was great. I am told that property is making a come back. Any info would help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2013, 04:23 PM

2,457 posts, read 6,519,092 times
I don't know what is a fair price in that area but I do know that is in a prime area, as you well know.

Old 10-22-2013, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasSlim View Post
I don't know what is a fair price in that area but I do know that is in a prime area, as you well know.
We live in Florida now and its not bad, but it has its draw backs, oppressive heat in summer, rain every day in summer, winter is great but people up the wazoo and more coming. [this is a double edged sword. It makes it difficult but it also makes for good selling of your property.] That said we love Arkansas. Hot Springs is the place we like most. Eureka Springs is too much of a tourist town that drys up in winter and is wall to wall people in summer. Hot Springs has things all year round. Festivals in summer and horse racing in winter. Winter is light and it runs from Jan, to about the end of Feb or first week of March and its getting warm. I love the hills and trees. Its just a great place. It reminds me of my up north Michigan home town minus the 5 feet of snow and winters that go from Oct to May.

Old 10-22-2013, 05:24 PM

2,893 posts, read 4,230,367 times
We stayed at the Arlington and had the best catfish dinners of our lives in HS. Too bad it is so hot in the summer.

Old 10-22-2013, 08:01 PM

2,457 posts, read 6,519,092 times
And last week they had their annual film festival which (I'm told) is always good but this year was the best ever

Old 10-23-2013, 04:41 AM

75,590 posts, read 88,318,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxondale351 View Post
I mad an offer on some acreage in Hot Springs. 3.25 acres on a ridge with a good view. 4300 an acre. I know I should have asked this before I bought but I think its a good buy. Is that a fair price for good land with a good view in a solid sub that has nice homes? Its about 5 miles from down town HS in between the village and HS. I lived near there before and it was great. I am told that property is making a come back. Any info would help.
I don't know if it is a good deal, but I am sure you will be happy once you get something built on your new property. Congrats and enjoy.

Old 10-23-2013, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I don't know if it is a good deal, but I am sure you will be happy once you get something built on your new property. Congrats and enjoy.
Thanks, it may be a while. The economy is not back yet and we may wait a few years till its close to retirement. But we lived there for a couple of years and loved it. Its a great place to live and retire.

Old 10-23-2013, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Thanks, it may be a while. The economy is not back yet and we may wait a few years till its close to retirement. But we lived there for a couple of years and loved it. Its a great place to live and retire.
there was a time when I wanted to consider Hot Springs but, at that time hubby wanted nothing to do with AR, Now, here we are, NWA, and absolutely have never regretted it for a minute.

Old 10-23-2013, 08:16 AM

3,438 posts, read 4,968,480 times
Quote:
I had done a lot of research in many places of the United States for retirement relocation.

If everything you posted is accurate, that is a good DEAL for ANYWHERE in the US ( IMHO )

Old 10-23-2013, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy52 View Post
I had done a lot of research in many places of the United States for retirement relocation.

If everything you posted is accurate, that is a good DEAL for ANYWHERE in the US ( IMHO )
Teddy, we did the same: we researched and we visited several places. The places we actually visited were So Carolina, several places in NV, NM, OK and Tenn. We settled first, on NM. After we decided to get closer to the kids and knew we had made a mistake moving to NM, we checked out both, ok, again and here. This was the best fit for what we wanted. Now, it isn't just us here: our daughter and son in law have moved to NWA, our younger granddaughter never left, after she graduated and the older granddaughter, with her hubby and 2 kids moved here just a few months ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or