U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 01:25 PM

1,223 posts, read 1,434,819 times

Advertisements

In ref to your 06-08 Post. The bank is not required to make any repairs before putting the house on the market. It can be offered "as-is". The bank will decide which is best for their return on investment. If you are a good do-it-yourself person you may make the bank a fire sale offer and get the house at a super bargain because they are not interested in paying taxes on a junker that may be damaged even more by vandals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2014, 05:13 AM

1,507 posts, read 1,741,662 times
Just got the photos after the mod cut family of squatters were removed. They did come back and steal the carport. It was a 14x18 steel carport that I put in when I built the place and it was part of the property. I had used the bottom of the steel as a cement form. So they had to do some work to steal it. Broken windows, blinds, drywall and cupboards. Hope the neighbors know if I could have sold to better people I would have. I am not in control of a sale. It can be fixed but it will take some time and a few bucks. I hope the bank secures it fast, they may be back. People like that will steal the copper wire if you do not secure the place. As far as I can see they have not done that, maybe they do not want to work that hard to get the wire out of the walls. LOL. mod cut

Last edited by Sam I Am; 02-14-2014 at 02:57 AM.. Reason: unnecessary commentary

Old 02-11-2014, 08:15 AM

836 posts, read 1,437,799 times
Seems like lotta folks are raised by wolves; Costco is a good place to see what kind of manners someone has.

Old 02-13-2014, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notoriouskelly View Post
Seems like lotta folks are raised by wolves; Costco is a good place to see what kind of manners someone has.
Well at least they have been kicked out, I bet the property values have risen 20% with that alone. Taking the metal carport that was poured into the concrete is a criminal act. It was not their property it was not even the buyers property. But to go after scum for money is like trying to get blood out of a turnip. It would cost more then it was worth. Being they are gone is its own reward. I see after they squatters moved in the sub started a neighborhood watch. Things tend to go missing with bottom feeders around. I wish I could get the agent to get inside and see if bath tubs are broken out ect. That is where the money would be to repair. the ceiling fans have been broken. I don't know how you would even do that unintentional. Its 10 foot ceilings. You really have to be scum low life to break things like that. Sad really, it was a well built home that had the best of everything put in it.

Old 02-13-2014, 11:18 AM

1,223 posts, read 1,434,819 times
saxon, my final word of advice; Get over it. Buy it or forget it. Stop venting about something over which you have no control .

Old 02-13-2014, 03:35 PM

4,800 posts, read 10,962,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxondale351 View Post
Taking the metal carport that was poured into the concrete is a criminal act. It was not their property it was not even the buyers property. But to go after scum for money is like trying to get blood out of a turnip.
But it is a criminal act and maybe on the chance they are on parole, something like that might get them back in jail and off the streets. I'd press charges not so much to get money from them, but to add to what is probably already a lengthy criminal record. Of course, I guess only the bank can do that since they own it.

Old 02-13-2014, 08:09 PM

3,567 posts, read 2,559,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Fossil View Post
In ref to your 06-08 Post. The bank is not required to make any repairs before putting the house on the market. It can be offered "as-is". The bank will decide which is best for their return on investment. If you are a good do-it-yourself person you may make the bank a fire sale offer and get the house at a super bargain because they are not interested in paying taxes on a junker that may be damaged even more by vandals.
I was in a similar situation and my agent wisely insisted in the contract that property had to be delivered vacant at the time of closing. I was willing to walk if this wasn't the case.

Anyway, they left and although the property need a lot of work it turned out to be a very good deal.

Old 02-14-2014, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
But it is a criminal act and maybe on the chance they are on parole, something like that might get them back in jail and off the streets. I'd press charges not so much to get money from them, but to add to what is probably already a lengthy criminal record. Of course, I guess only the bank can do that since they own it.
That would be nice, and your correct, taking parts of a home even as the former owner is illegal not to mention a squatter. There are groups of people who are just animals. Its no wonder they never get ahead, and I bet they will draw a welfare check for life. But that is another argument. LOL I am happy they are gone and that Me or someone else may get a chance to buy it and repair the damage. The area is very nice and very close to HSV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas