Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 10:04 PM

2 posts, read 2,776 times

Advertisements

We are looking to move to Arkansas to plant a church. We have narrowed down two areas that we would like to find out more about. First, Little Rock is our "primary" choice. Please note, we have a family of four kids - one High School, one middle school, and two in elementary. We would like to be in an arts/theatre, music area - but are concerned about the public school system. Is North Little Rock better than downtown LR?? What neighborhoods/areas should we look into? Northwest AR looks very nice too and we are considering it as an option (Rogers/Bentonville area). Any info of areas for a family, schools, etc would be much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2013, 07:45 AM

5,981 posts, read 18,266,592 times
If you're shooting for schools, go to NWA. LR public schools, sadly, sometimes leave much to be desired, but it can truly vary from school to school. Home in on where you want to live and research your schools very carefully if you choose LR...sometimes being across the street makes all the difference in the school zone you are assigned to.

Need a budget to tell you areas to look in for either LR or NWA.

Old 11-19-2013, 04:08 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,129,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron4liberty View Post
We are looking to move to Arkansas to plant a church. We have narrowed down two areas that we would like to find out more about. First, Little Rock is our "primary" choice. Please note, we have a family of four kids - one High School, one middle school, and two in elementary. We would like to be in an arts/theatre, music area - but are concerned about the public school system. Is North Little Rock better than downtown LR?? What neighborhoods/areas should we look into? Northwest AR looks very nice too and we are considering it as an option (Rogers/Bentonville area). Any info of areas for a family, schools, etc would be much appreciated.
Its hard to find a good public school in the Little Rock area unless you are in a neighboring county. Think suburbs like Conway, Benton, Bryant and Cabot. The Pulaski County Schools are just as bad as the Little Rock schools based on what people tell me. Northwest Arkansas has several good public school districts.

If you are interested in the arts/theater/music, you might choose Bentonville or Fayetteville. Fayetteville has the Walton Arts Center downtown, and the University of Arkansas, which always has cultural events both on and off campus.

Bentonville is home to the Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art. They are getting a larger Walton Performing Arts Center than Fayetteville has, but it won't be open for at least five years.

Old 11-20-2013, 09:44 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
I don't know much about Little Rock, but I do know the schools in NWA are probably the best in the state, I know they are as a matter of fact. There is also a lot of interest in music and art. There is little theatre, Walton center, Crystal bridges, etc. I would check both areas out if I were you, and visit. Visiting is the best way to learn about the region.

Old 11-20-2013, 10:02 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,749,963 times
I'm gonna get myself in trouble with this, but anyway....

It seems to me that if God is truly telling you to plant a church, then the choice of "where" would be up to Him....and the rest of those things will either fall into place or you will find that He wants something else for you. We don't always get to choose what He wants, and sometimes we actually have to (gasp!) give up something we want for what He wants.

Fortunately for us, when we do that, we always eventually find that it was better His way.

Old 11-21-2013, 07:31 AM

291 posts, read 377,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
I'm gonna get myself in trouble with this, but anyway....

It seems to me that if God is truly telling you to plant a church, then the choice of "where" would be up to Him....and the rest of those things will either fall into place or you will find that He wants something else for you. We don't always get to choose what He wants, and sometimes we actually have to (gasp!) give up something we want for what He wants.

Fortunately for us, when we do that, we always eventually find that it was better His way.

Actually given the reason they are looking to move this is a great answer!

Old 11-21-2013, 12:57 PM

2 posts, read 2,776 times
Luvvarkansas,

No trouble!! I agree with you. My sending denom has given the option to us. Little Rock is our first choice, but we have the option to NWA as well. I am just trying to get an idea of the city to see if we need to consider homeschooling or sending our kids to public school.

Old 11-21-2013, 11:04 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,129,095 times
The best schools in Little Rock proper are going to be charter schools and magnet schools. There are several academies and parochial schools that are also highly rated.

NWA schools are generally good, and there are also several charter schools. Haas Hall Academy in Fayetteville is very highly rated. There is a Benton County School for the Arts in Rogers that I hear good things about.

Old 11-22-2013, 12:08 AM

733 posts, read 1,755,830 times
Well, there WAS a recent survey/poll that showed Benton county ranking 74th out of 75 counties in Arkansas when it came to being Religious. But at the same time, there are of course quite a bit of churches around here. I would have to assume that planting a church in either Little Rock or NWA wouldn't make much of a difference. There's always going to be people wanting to go to church no matter where you are.

Old 11-22-2013, 09:51 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,749,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron4liberty View Post
Luvvarkansas,

No trouble!! I agree with you..
Actually, I meant from posters in general or maybe the mods. You know what they say about discussing religion or politics.

Anyway, I'm not going to say any more on that subject.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas