U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 08:08 AM

18,717 posts, read 27,799,221 times

Advertisements

When you see the impressive views that the homes around the lakes have, you'll understand why they are some of the more expensive homes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2013, 10:00 AM

4,817 posts, read 7,092,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
When you see the impressive views that the homes around the lakes have, you'll understand why they are some of the more expensive homes.
Yes, I suppose if one could afford one of the homes with the impressive views, they wouldn't have much reason for leaving home a lot. I know I wouldn't, but I'm a homebody anyway.

If we lived in the Village, though, my husband would still have to work and go in and out every day, even though he would be retired from his first job. So that would be a consideration for us. Also would want a small, inexpensive, low-maintenance home so that we could have time for (no painting!) and afford to travel some.

I really like some of the condos, but the biggest drawback I see to them is the parking situation....I'm spoiled to having a carport. And I would like a small yard, at least, to plant and tend a few things.

I just thought of a question about condos and how they work, but I'll start a new thread on that.

Old 12-16-2013, 08:54 PM

833 posts, read 682,819 times
While I can't speak for hsv, there are plenty of condos with designated parking and visitor parking. Also, there are plenty with car ports and I have one either an enclosed two car attached garage.

Old 12-17-2013, 10:23 AM

I've seen a good many of them with carports and garages in Bella Vista, but not in HSV.

I think the problem may be my price range.

Old 02-07-2014, 10:14 AM

14 posts, read 24,336 times
I've owned a HSV lot since 1991 and I've driven a lot inside the Village over the years, and yet I also would like to have a street view now that we are more serious about moving there. What we have been doing for some time is renting a house for a week and living in a certain area just to get a feel for that area, yet we still drive all over the place. Next week we are coming to stay for a month as we've been checking out a lot of homes in various parts again. Our current house (in Ohio) was built in 1848, so we know about the fixin up an old house. We moved here from Texas to help my wife take care of her mom until she died this past year. There are some good values regarding some of the older houses (70s) but I think my wife and I have had enough fun fixin up an old house. We are truly looking forward to moving to HSV for several reasons and we wish we had moved there years ago and then brought my wife's mom down to live with us.

Old 02-07-2014, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Geezer View Post
What we have been doing for some time is renting a house for a week and living in a certain area just to get a feel for that area
Yes, that is a good idea and what we will eventually do if we get really serious about moving there. We tried to rent a condo over Christmas holidays and were going to spend a few days there with our kids and my mom, but the condos we wanted were not available at that time. I think we're going to try it again sometime this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas