Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2007, 10:31 PM

2 posts, read 8,287 times

Advertisements

I am a divorced father looking to move to Arkansas and start a new life. I have two kids that will remain in Moberly Mo so I can't go too far. What is the job market like in Little Rock/Hot Springs/Conway? I have background in Banking, Mutual Funds, Retail and some Medical Billing. I do not have a college degree, just all on the job experience. What can I look forward to for a salary? Any information about apartment rates, car insurance will be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2007, 09:35 AM

5,981 posts, read 18,273,106 times
rwilson, I just noticed you kind of dropped down the page somehow...are you still considering Little Rock or Hot Springs?

So much will depend on what you need or want in the way of a job, apartment, what kind of car you are insuring...for instance, collision only on my 1999 Jeep Cherokee that I LURV is $300. My son is 30 and has full coverage on his Jeep Liberty (formerly mine, he wenched in out of me) is $800/year.

Do you have something in mind job-wise, or maybe interviews lined up? I'd think maybe you could get a decent idea of salaries from the Arkansas Democrat Gazette help wanted classifieds. It might be worth a few bucks to sign up with them for the e-version of the paper that includes the classifieds to see if this can work for you.

The only thing I would say is that the old saying in Arkansas is "you have to go through Little Rock to get anywhere" - and during the winter months if you intend to have visitation rights it could be treacherous to try and make the trip to MO in inclement weather....and Little Rock seems to get more ice than true winter weather. But it seems no matter where in the state you settle, Little Rock is almost your beginning point on travel. Just as easy to be there as anywhere else, but with Hot Springs you get the wonderful lakes during the summertime.

I'm assuming you've been to both cities and know a little about them?

Old 02-09-2008, 08:20 PM

1 posts, read 4,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwilson1 View Post
I am a divorced father looking to move to Arkansas and start a new life. I have two kids that will remain in Moberly Mo so I can't go too far. What is the job market like in Little Rock/Hot Springs/Conway? I have background in Banking, Mutual Funds, Retail and some Medical Billing. I do not have a college degree, just all on the job experience. What can I look forward to for a salary? Any information about apartment rates, car insurance will be greatly appreciated.

well I can tell you, with that background go to arkansas state jobs, they are paying pretty well for auditors and etc..I am also moving back to Littlerock, so it is pretty easy to get a job.
Hot springs is by far the best as far as lakes and etc. hiking, the hot springs of course ( lived there for 20 years) but my brother is in little rock and loves it, never goes to sleep, if you like action and being able to go somewhere at 2 am.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas