U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 08:06 AM

18,717 posts, read 27,817,016 times

Advertisements

The Home Plate is wonderful! Thanks for mentioning it. I'll have to try some of those other places the next time I go to HSV.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2013, 09:39 AM

316 posts, read 343,751 times
The Italian place is great too, right across Hwy 7 from o'Reilly auto parts.

Old 12-17-2013, 11:00 AM

4,817 posts, read 7,103,464 times
Seems like I read somewhere that the Home Plate has a good breakfast....true?

Old 12-17-2013, 03:02 PM

430 posts, read 982,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
Seems like I read somewhere that the Home Plate has a good breakfast....true?
No, it has an outstanding breakfast, as does JKs at Isabella.

Old 12-18-2013, 09:54 AM

Great! That's good to know, as we really like to eat a big breakfast when we're traveling....don't do it at home.

I finally figured out that by "at Isabella" you meant the Isabella golf course. I'm assuming the clubhouse? (although I would opt for the Home Plate....I'm afraid I'm not refined enough to eat at a clubhouse. LOL)

Found a web site for the Home Plate, for the sake of anyone else who's interested:

http://www.homeplatecafehsv.com/

Old 12-18-2013, 10:14 AM

Wow, I just looked at the Home Plate's breakfast menu, and the prices look great! I was thinking they were sort of medium-high, until I saw that their omelette and egg plates all come with a choice of 3 different kinds of potatoes (or grits) and either a biscuit, English Muffin, or a choice between 5 different kinds of toast!

Even at just a glance, though, I saw several spelling and grammatical errors and typos on that web site....wonder if the owners are aware of that? Wonder if they care? So many people don't, these days. (2 biscuits and grazy, anyone? Or how about a sanwich? All kids [and that should either be kid's or kids'] meals include a dring. And don't forget the roumelade sauce with your crab cakes!)

Last edited by Luvvarkansas; 12-18-2013 at 10:25 AM..

Old 12-18-2013, 08:54 PM

430 posts, read 982,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
Great! That's good to know, as we really like to eat a big breakfast when we're traveling....don't do it at home.

I finally figured out that by "at Isabella" you meant the Isabella golf course. I'm assuming the clubhouse? (although I would opt for the Home Plate....I'm afraid I'm not refined enough to eat at a clubhouse. LOL)

Found a web site for the Home Plate, for the sake of anyone else who's interested:

Home Plate Cafe - Home
Isabella clubhouse is not "refined", it is a small golf shop on one end and the restaurant on the other end. You walk up and order and they bring your food to the table. Home Plate is sit down service.

You really need to visit to get a better feel of the place. I think you will be surprised.

Old 12-18-2013, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btoverdrive View Post
Isabella clubhouse is not "refined", it is a small golf shop on one end and the restaurant on the other end. You walk up and order and they bring your food to the table.
Sounds like my kind of place.

Old 12-21-2013, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btoverdrive View Post
I live on the east side and don't go by the Shack much but when I do, I stop. Their catfish and burgers are great. Also you did not mention JK's at Isabella or Tanners at Granada. Both places are very good.
I didn't see this post until just now. I will definitely try JK's and Tanners. My wife and I went to the Home Plate Cafe tonight, I had crab stuffed shrimp, fantastic!

Old 01-19-2014, 11:28 AM

Mulligans restaurant at the Ponce De Leon golf course has an outstanding breakfast, and is said to have excellent pizza, although we haven't tried that yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas