U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 08:02 AM

316 posts, read 342,965 times

Advertisements

Also ... The dog mauling took place in or very near the Diamanté country club (there is a country club within the village). This is hardly a "run down" area. There will be a vicious dog law in HSV soon.

I expect the woman who was "watching" the dog will get jail time, in my opinion she should. And I have to wonder if the lady who was attacked would have died if the "dog watcher" hadn't decided to wash her hair and change clothes before attempting to help.

Last edited by jimnelson1; 02-10-2014 at 08:12 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2014, 08:45 AM

4,817 posts, read 7,092,624 times
That is so, so sad about the lady being attacked by the dog. Oh, if that were my mom....it would be so hard to deal with.

Jim Nelson says there will be a "vicious dog" law soon in HSV....but I'm wondering why there wasn't already some sort of dog law. Surely letting dogs run loose isn't legal in HSV? Beautiful, safe walking and biking is one of the things I would want to move to HSV for.

And wow, what was the deal about the stupid woman washing her hair and changing clothes before helping the lady being mauled? Sounds like a real nut job. Just goes to show, you can't outlaw stupid.

Old 02-11-2014, 08:47 AM

285 posts, read 903,224 times
There are County laws in place. Handler was charged with manslaughter, “unlawful dog attack” and “harboring a vicious animal”. Owner was charged with “harboring a vicious animal.”

Luv is right, you can't outlaw stupid

Old 02-17-2014, 09:12 PM

1,507 posts, read 1,741,662 times
If someone was carrying a hand gun they could have dispatched the dog, end of problem.

Old 02-18-2014, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxondale351 View Post
If someone was carrying a hand gun they could have dispatched the dog, end of problem.
True. But who would have ever thought they would need to pack a hand gun to take a stroll in Hot Springs Village?

It's just a sad, sad story.

Old 02-18-2014, 01:39 PM

1,507 posts, read 1,741,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnelson1 View Post
The idea at there are bad neighborhoods in HSV is ridiculous.

Nearby outside the village, yes. In the village, not at all.
Its not all that bad outside the village. The village has very restrictive policy's and I think that's a good thing. I don't see how keeping idiots from cutting trees, or doing what ever they want is a bad thing. If you want to be an idiot don't' buy in HSV. I almost bought in there, but I like my old sub about 10 min south and up on my old ridge on some acres. Great views and its a great place. And I have a little room so I can talk on my back porch and not worry that some one is listening. In the Village homes a bit close for me, but I am not complaining that is why I did not buy in there.

Old 02-18-2014, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxondale351 View Post
. In the Village homes a bit close for me, but I am not complaining that is why I did not buy in there.
They may be a bit close for me also. I would probably not buy anything that was crammed right up between two other places. If we did end up in the Hot Springs area, I might do like you've done instead....get a little out of town and get a little acreage.

I've noticed a road called "Ragweed Valley Road" off of 270W, around the Royal area....the google street view pictures, while the older, grainy kind, tell me that it is a beautiful area! And some pretty nice homes and farms out there also.

Old 06-09-2014, 05:12 PM

To update this thread....well, I've personally been to HSV and found that there are parts I wouldn't want to live in. Not that they were terribly trashy, just a little unkempt....I'm referring to a condo complex where I'd been watching a furnished 2 bed/1-1/2 bath golf course-view condo (with a nice remodeled kitchen) sit on the market for a long time at $49,900. It was just a little shabby up in there, although the trees and golf course were still pretty. It has a pool, but it was a little shabby around it also....chain-link fence....I hate chain-link fences. Guess 'cause I've looked at one around my yard for so long. LOL

The condo complex we stayed in was beautiful, and right on the lake (it was Castellon Courts). The lowest price I've seen on one of those is $84,000, and I've seen prices on upwards of $175,000 or so for some of the ones right on the lake.

But yeah, I wouldn't pay the HSV POA fee, plus the condo fee, to live in that other one.

We didn't have time to look around in any of the older house neighborhoods. I'm ready to go back and do some more exploring!

Old 10-12-2014, 12:14 PM

8,689 posts, read 17,446,063 times
People are getting stupid about the dog thing. It was a horrible thing but an isolated incident. I have a well mannered Rottweiler who never goes out off leash and even travels with me because is is a friendly guy. That was an irresponsible owner and a one-off event. Responsible dog owners should not be discouraged. In fact perhaps the village should add a nice dog park to take amenities.

Old 10-13-2014, 01:41 AM

316 posts, read 342,965 times
There is a nice dog park in the Village
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas