Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 08:00 AM

448 posts, read 365,909 times

Advertisements

When moving from Fla to Arkansas and applying for a CCW if you have one in Fla, do you have to go through any kind of class? Do they recognize your Fla lis. if you live in AR and have the Fla non resident? Fla. is different in that your CCW is your CCW, It does not change but by your DL. If you have a DL Fla then its a resident lisc. If you don't its a non resident. You don't go in and get a different CCW if you move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2017, 11:46 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,870,986 times
Here is the ASP website on CCW:

Concealed Handgun Carry Licensing | Arkansas State Police

Old 07-26-2017, 12:20 PM

448 posts, read 365,909 times
I called them, I have to turn in my CCW from Fla to get one issued by AR without going through class. But If I keep my CCW and go through class there is no laps time and I can keep my Florida non res ccw that AR has reciprocity for.

Old 07-26-2017, 12:45 PM

3,833 posts, read 3,340,749 times
That stinks. You should have moved to the Missouri side.

In Missouri 18 and older you can carry concealed in Missouri without a permit. No permit needed.

The only use a ccw permit in Missouri has is if you want to OPEN carry in a few towns that forbid open carry, by having a ccw allows you to open carry as it overrides the ordinance.

But if you don't plan open carrying your AR 15 then you really don't need a ccw permit in Missouri. Plus Missouri honors any ccw permit regardless of residence.

Many Missourian's never even got a ccw permit and just got a non resident via the mail.

Old 07-26-2017, 05:01 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,652,172 times
You turn it into Arkansas while it's being transferred. You send it in with the tranfer document and fingerprints. You may be without your CCL for a few weeks. The good thing is also, when AR sends it, it's starts over for your 5 years.

Old 07-26-2017, 06:06 PM

8,918 posts, read 4,649,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOforthewin View Post
That stinks. You should have moved to the Missouri side.

In Missouri 18 and older you can carry concealed in Missouri without a permit. No permit needed.

No one should give up. AR is still working on that issue.

Old 07-26-2017, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
No one should give up. AR is still working on that issue.
Republicans finally control both chambers in Arkansas. Just need to get the numbers up.

Missouri Republicans have large super majorities in both chambers.

Outside of KC and Stl, and a small extent Columbia, There really are no Democrats left.

Hillary won a total of 3 counties in Missouri last election, 4 if you count St. Louis city.

Problem with Arkansas is that democrats controlled the house and senate. You had enough moderate ones so you had concealed carry but hard to get more pro gun stuff passed after that.

Also, they can't invalidate your Florida permit in AR. They have no control over it.

Many non Florida residents have Florida permits. When I lived in Missouri I used a Florida permit for years because Missouri honors it.

Even if they told you to turn the permit over, you could just write to FL and ask for a replacement saying you lost it.

I live in Florida and currently hold a FL permit along with my non resident Virginia and Arizona permits. I would have a 4th permit but when you get residency in another state my MO permit isn't considered valid.

With all those permits I'm probably in a lot of databases lol.

Old 07-27-2017, 04:47 AM

2,004 posts, read 3,416,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spillerNburr View Post
I called them, I have to turn in my CCW from Fla to get one issued by AR without going through class. But If I keep my CCW and go through class there is no laps time and I can keep my Florida non res ccw that AR has reciprocity for.

I moved from Texas to Arkansas. I had my CHL and I had Texas change the address on my CHL to my Arkansas address. I had a Arkansas Drivers license and a Texas non-resident CHL. I carried it for almost 10 years. I then decided that I wanted to change it to a Arkansas CHCL. All I had to do was go to the Office in Little Rock, fill out some paperwork and get my finger prints taken and give them 75 dollars. A few weeks later I received my Arkansas license. Also, I had to turn in my Texas license. So, from that day until I received my Arkansas license I had neither. On one of the questionnaires they ask if you have ever read all of the Arkansas rules and regulations concerning carrying of a handgun. Answer yes.

Old 07-27-2017, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
I moved from Texas to Arkansas. I had my CHL and I had Texas change the address on my CHL to my Arkansas address. I had a Arkansas Drivers license and a Texas non-resident CHL. I carried it for almost 10 years. I then decided that I wanted to change it to a Arkansas CHCL. All I had to do was go to the Office in Little Rock, fill out some paperwork and get my finger prints taken and give them 75 dollars. A few weeks later I received my Arkansas license. Also, I had to turn in my Texas license. So, from that day until I received my Arkansas license I had neither. On one of the questionnaires they ask if you have ever read all of the Arkansas rules and regulations concerning carrying of a handgun. Answer yes.
They still don't have authority over a TX permit. Can't you just call TX and say you lost it and need another?

If they asked for your FL permit you can tell them it doesn't matter if you're a FL resident or not. FL permits are all the same. They don't have separate permits for residents and non residents.

Simply write to FL and send a cashiers check for a replacement permit saying you "lost" it.

AR needs to get on the ball and pass permit less concealed carry OR be like Missouri was an accept any permit regardless of residency.

Arkansas just wants your money.

Old 07-27-2017, 05:17 PM

340 posts, read 516,133 times
I was able to give Arkansas my Texas CHL and they issued me an Arkansas CHL. There was only a one page form to complete, it was inexpensive, and I got my TX CHL back with a corner clipped off.

I also have a Utah CHL as a non resident.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas