Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2015, 07:30 AM

1 posts, read 4,011 times

Advertisements

Just got back from a house hunting trip to Hot Springs Village. My husband and I are getting close to retirement some have started looking. We bought a condo there several years ago, but want a house to retire in. I have not been in a while due to my job. I was not happy....the pool in Desoto courts is closed, the people are taking the HOA to court to try and reopen the pool.....what did they do with the money.....the big pool by the Desoto golf course is also closed. No one was working on trying to fix what ever the problem was they closed it for while we were there. I love water this bothers me. The Desoto club house had a major water leak several years ago and had to be gutted. Has not been fixed. The club house is a trailer in the parking lot. They received insurance money....fix the building. At one time there was gas station in the Village also...it is closed. If you are looking to buying into the Village....make sure you look at how they are NOT maintaining it. After years of wanting to move up there, I want to look elsewhere.....somewhere that actually maintains things and not closes them.

Last edited by missbuddy; 07-03-2015 at 07:33 AM.. Reason: mis spelled word
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2015, 11:32 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,747,912 times
Thanks for posting this....I've been looking at homes in the Village for a couple of years now, and this is good to know. I've only ever been there in person once, but did not get to explore beyond Castellon Courts and along DeSoto Blvd.

Old 07-03-2015, 12:27 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missbuddy View Post
Just got back from a house hunting trip to Hot Springs Village. My husband and I are getting close to retirement some have started looking. We bought a condo there several years ago, but want a house to retire in. I have not been in a while due to my job. I was not happy....the pool in Desoto courts is closed, the people are taking the HOA to court to try and reopen the pool.....what did they do with the money.....the big pool by the Desoto golf course is also closed. No one was working on trying to fix what ever the problem was they closed it for while we were there. I love water this bothers me. The Desoto club house had a major water leak several years ago and had to be gutted. Has not been fixed. The club house is a trailer in the parking lot. They received insurance money....fix the building. At one time there was gas station in the Village also...it is closed. If you are looking to buying into the Village....make sure you look at how they are NOT maintaining it. After years of wanting to move up there, I want to look elsewhere.....somewhere that actually maintains things and not closes them.
I am sorry to hear this: Here in Bella Vista (also a cooper development community) between the city and the POA most everything is kept in tip, top condition, but on rare occassions things are not what some of the residience would like. An example: we have several rec centers, a few with pools and of course several golf courses. Our local rec center with a nine hole golf course and an indoor pool has had some serious problems, tthe golf course is closed and the pond is about to be emptied. The POA is thinking of turning the facility into a family center with walking trails. Of course the home owners are split. The POA is remodling the inside, updating the bathrooms and the indoor pool, will remain in tact, the rest who knows? I think we all have to realize, finances can affect what any home owners association can do. I wouldn't write HS village off based on a pool that isn't open. I would, however, pay close attention to what else is being affected.

Old 07-07-2015, 07:59 AM

1 posts, read 3,940 times
I hear you, and I am sorry that you feel disappointed on your house hunting trip in Hot Springs Village. I would have felt the same way if I were you. Have you seen this document about what they are trying to do in the Village. [url]http://hsvpoa.org/files/pdf/HSV-Masterplan.pdf[/url], I remember it talks about several of the things that you are mentioning here. Take care!

Old 07-07-2015, 09:02 AM

3,020 posts, read 8,611,625 times
What are the current POA fees in HSV?

Old 07-07-2015, 09:25 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,337,159 times
From what I've read, they are under 37.00 but will soon be going up to around 65.00.

Old 07-07-2015, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
From what I've read, they are under 37.00 but will soon be going up to around 65.00.
Yep.

Old 07-07-2015, 03:55 PM

490 posts, read 1,265,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
$65 for an improved lot (water meter) but the unimproved lots will stay at $37. The increase is needed, the current level of amenities cannot be maintained or improved at $37 per month. It's still cheap.

Old 07-08-2015, 10:56 AM

It seems to me that the guarded gate would be logically the first amenity to be cut if they had to cut any. What do residents think of that idea? Is that something they really feel they need, or could they do without it? It seems it would be rather inconvenient for having visitors.

Old 07-08-2015, 10:58 AM

490 posts, read 1,265,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
It seems to me that the guarded gate would be logically the first amenity to be cut if they had to cut any. What do residents think of that idea? Is that something they really feel they need, or could they do without it? It seems it would be rather inconvenient for having visitors.
There is a proposal to turn the gate security over to a third party vendor, POA says it would save $50,000 per year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas