Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 07:07 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,112,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoxKnewz View Post
So CESpeed, can fayetteville you revise your list fayetteville yet? Additions fayetteville or subtractions? I retire from the Navy and chose NWA fayetteville and compared fayetteville to the rest of the many states (Cali-Bay Area included) I've lived in and the fayetteville many many countries I have been stationed in, NWA fayetteville is hands down the best. fayetteville fayetteville
Hmmm. I wonder if I should include Fayetteville on my list?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2008, 07:09 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,112,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megande View Post
I didn't notice that the original poster seems to have decided where to move (what is what I get for trying to do anything while my kids are still awake!). I know a lot about Hot Springs and the surrounding areas (my parents live on 13 beautiful acres on the side of a mountain), so if you have any questions about it as you prepare to move, I'd be happy to help.
Yes. It looks like I'll end up in Hot Springs, but I'm so far away from my move (next year) that I may change my mind again. Any information will be very helpful.

Old 04-14-2008, 08:05 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
Hmmm. I wonder if I should include Fayetteville on my list?
I have thought all along you should: you can certainly find work in your field and are needed, you will find the cultural experience, wine drinkersand the mixed demographics as well. Though not totally liberal, it is still a college town with a variety of class, color, education etc plus there are other small areas within a few miles. That plus the low crime rate I would think would fit in with what you seem to be looking for in a community.

NIta

Old 04-14-2008, 09:23 PM

7 posts, read 35,794 times
CESpeed, glad you caught my sense of humor. I have only lived in AR for 3 years and all in Fayetteville, and in a beautiful neighborhood on a golf course. You are doing good to do your homework while you have the time. It seems as though you will have plenty of help in this forum and may make a few friends even before you get here. Good luck and smooth sailing.

P.S. Have you learned to call the Hogs yet? No matter where you settle in AR you will be faced with it sooner or later. It is quite catchy even for this California boy! Patrino will have our boys ready for an SEC title by the time you get here!!! Go Hogs!

Old 04-15-2008, 12:39 AM

350 posts, read 1,288,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
Yes. It looks like I'll end up in Hot Springs, but I'm so far away from my move (next year) that I may change my mind again. Any information will be very helpful.
I would recommend it. I live in LR but have a place on the lake over there. It has history that is rare in this part of the country, entertainment options one would expect in a much larger city (indeed, more than NWA in my opinion), decent shopping and restaurants, and breathtaking mountains and lakes. The arts are a big part of the culture and it has a 7000 seat arena, convention center, museums, gardens, and other amenities a city of 35,000 in a county of 80,000 anywhere else would never have. It still keeps its small town feel.

I think Hot Springs is a wonderful place to live and really a hidden gem in the South. It wouldn't have the same charm with twice the population, so I'm glad people aren't flocking there in droves but it is growing quite a bit.

Old 04-16-2008, 01:50 PM

8 posts, read 31,095 times
Folks pleae do not believe the hype about North West Arkansas (NWA) Just so everyone has perspective here is an interesting article about gangs/crime in NWA. Sure Little Rock and North Little Rock have crime but NWA has unique groups. The Latios are out of control and gaining in numbers everyday!! Look up the census data on any city in NWA.

The police and infrastructure in NWA is struggling to deal with these problems. Also remember that Tyson Chicken in NWA imports lots of Mexicans (some say illegals) to work for cheap wages.

These folks are growing in numbers and are out of control.

Moderator cut: edit - copyright violation - snippets and links only

Last edited by Sam I Am; 04-16-2008 at 04:34 PM..

Old 04-16-2008, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbreeze101 View Post
Folks pleae do not believe the hype about North West Arkansas (NWA) Just so everyone has perspective here is an interesting article about gangs/crime in NWA. Sure Little Rock and North Little Rock have crime but NWA has unique groups. The Latios are out of control and gaining in numbers everyday!! Look up the census data on any city in NWA.

The police and infrastructure in NWA is struggling to deal with these problems. Also remember that Tyson Chicken in NWA imports lots of Mexicans (some say illegals) to work for cheap wages.

These folks are growing in numbers and are out of control.

Moderator cut: edit - copyright violation
anyone who has lived where there are real gang related problems will not find NWA a problem.

Last edited by Sam I Am; 04-16-2008 at 04:35 PM..

Old 04-16-2008, 05:26 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,247,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
anyone who has lived where there are real gang related problems will not find NWA a problem.
NWA isn't as crime-free as people like to make it out to be, but I will say its relatively safe compared to larger cities. A negative side-effect of growth is naturally a growth in crime.

Old 04-16-2008, 06:16 PM

Location: Originally Fayetteville, Arkansas/ now Seattle, Washington!
1,047 posts, read 3,946,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
NWA isn't as crime-free as people like to make it out to be, but I will say its relatively safe compared to larger cities. A negative side-effect of growth is naturally a growth in crime.
It is pretty crime-free, I have never once felt scared in Fayetteville at any time of the day or night, and I was out very late a lot of the time lol. Only thing to be scared of at night are police that pull you over for no reason

Old 04-16-2008, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
of course you are right about eh growth and crime, but believe me, after seeing what goes on in DC, LA< Dallas and even here outside of Albuquerque crime is almost non existant in NWA or any area like that.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas