Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2016, 08:28 AM

22 posts, read 35,714 times

Advertisements

We are doing our research on HSV and everything seems good.... Lots of very positive feedback on this sight. However, we still have a few questions........ After researching the demographics we see the following: Mostly middle age and older people since it's a retirement community. Mostly white and fairly conservative. Low crime rate on one site and higher Crime rate on another. So I'm wondering if that's comparing the Village to Hot Springs the town?

We prefer a mix of people... I enjoy diversity and people who are interesting. .... I believe people should be caring of one another, open, honest, and friendly.

I'm an artist and my husband is a musician. We enjoy people from all walks of life and tend to be very tolerant people.

Hubby loves to Golf.... I have lots of hobbies, painting, crafts, etc. And we are both Social.. Enjoy cards, & other games, visiting with friends etc. I noticed a Euchre Club so that means people from the Midwest...

We grew up in southern Ohio....Lived in Texas (Austin Area for 34 yr.) and we've also lived a short time in Utah, NY, & Chicago. College educated and worked in the both corporate jobs and in the public school system. We tend to be more liberal on social issues, but conservative when it comes to economy... Texas is mostly Republican but Austin is Democrat. So we have friends from both sides and get alone nicely.

AND we have dogs.....small dogs who are very friendly. Is there an issue with a fenced in area? (Deed restrictions) since I noticed most places are not fenced. I love the natural areas...but would like a small area enclosed.

Our Goal is to get back to 4 seasons....without long, bitter winters...... Laid back, quite, natural surroundings, friendly and open minded people. Larger cities within an hr. drive to see live theater, etc. once and awhile ..or shopping. Leisure activities to enjoy alone or in groups. Good Doctors, hospitals, etc. in the area so we can enjoy our "Golden Years".

So the big question is will we fit in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2016, 09:13 AM

41 posts, read 42,690 times
HSV is great, if you want what it seems you want move to the city some where. HSV is more conservative which keeps it nice. You will not see people asking to bring in Syrian immigrants. For me HSV is great. If you want to be liberal please don't bring the ruin of the cities to HSV just move to those places if that is what you want. If you want a nice homogeneous place to live where people are mostly patriot, god fearing, gun loving constitutional believing place it may work for you.

Old 08-22-2016, 01:59 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,367,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXShar View Post
We are doing our research on HSV and everything seems good.... Lots of very positive feedback on this sight. However, we still have a few questions........ After researching the demographics we see the following: Mostly middle age and older people since it's a retirement community. Mostly white and fairly conservative. Low crime rate on one site and higher Crime rate on another. So I'm wondering if that's comparing the Village to Hot Springs the town?

We prefer a mix of people... I enjoy diversity and people who are interesting. .... I believe people should be caring of one another, open, honest, and friendly.

I'm an artist and my husband is a musician. We enjoy people from all walks of life and tend to be very tolerant people.

Hubby loves to Golf.... I have lots of hobbies, painting, crafts, etc. And we are both Social.. Enjoy cards, & other games, visiting with friends etc. I noticed a Euchre Club so that means people from the Midwest...

We grew up in southern Ohio....Lived in Texas (Austin Area for 34 yr.) and we've also lived a short time in Utah, NY, & Chicago. College educated and worked in the both corporate jobs and in the public school system. We tend to be more liberal on social issues, but conservative when it comes to economy... Texas is mostly Republican but Austin is Democrat. So we have friends from both sides and get alone nicely.

AND we have dogs.....small dogs who are very friendly. Is there an issue with a fenced in area? (Deed restrictions) since I noticed most places are not fenced. I love the natural areas...but would like a small area enclosed.

Our Goal is to get back to 4 seasons....without long, bitter winters...... Laid back, quite, natural surroundings, friendly and open minded people. Larger cities within an hr. drive to see live theater, etc. once and awhile ..or shopping. Leisure activities to enjoy alone or in groups. Good Doctors, hospitals, etc. in the area so we can enjoy our "Golden Years".

So the big question is will we fit in?
Almost everyplace has a mixture of people and many cities are becoming more diverse by the day. But if you are looking for a diverse atmosphere, a more liberal community and want a laid back atmosphere, but still 4 seasons you might be better off the research places like Eureka Springs, a little further north. Like Bella Vista, Hot Springs V is going to lean Republican and conservative. This doesn't mean you will not fit in, but there are other regions that might be a little closer to what you want.

Old 08-22-2016, 03:40 PM

340 posts, read 511,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solitariuslupus View Post
HSV is great, if you want what it seems you want move to the city some where. HSV is more conservative which keeps it nice. You will not see people asking to bring in Syrian immigrants. For me HSV is great. If you want to be liberal please don't bring the ruin of the cities to HSV just move to those places if that is what you want. If you want a nice homogeneous place to live where people are mostly patriot, god fearing, gun loving constitutional believing place it may work for you.
What he said

Old 08-23-2016, 12:11 PM

4,901 posts, read 8,715,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solitariuslupus View Post
hsv is great, if you want what it seems you want move to the city some where. Hsv is more conservative which keeps it nice. You will not see people asking to bring in syrian immigrants. For me hsv is great. If you want to be liberal please don't bring the ruin of the cities to hsv just move to those places if that is what you want. If you want a nice homogeneous place to live where people are mostly patriot, god fearing, gun loving constitutional believing place it may work for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnelson1 View Post
what he said
:d

(Supposed to be a "big grin" up there but it won't show up right when I post....first time this has ever happened to me.)

Last edited by Luvvarkansas; 08-23-2016 at 12:14 PM.. Reason: trying to get emoticon to work!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas