Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2016, 10:13 AM

97 posts, read 172,736 times

Advertisements

I am considering a move to hot springs..never been to arkansas but i feel very drawn to the hot springs area..need to move something with water that is affordable and not frigid freezing...i am also very spiritual and i hear there is great spirit there..however, i am concerned about meeting like minded people...i have read most are religious and conservative and I should consider Fayette ville (eureka springs looks gorgeous too however way too small for me)..i would be moving to hot springs for a certain reason....it is confusing because i read there are healer communities there and then i read people like me will be miserable...

I sometimes use "meetup" as a gauge to see if there are spiritual groups around..i found not many in hot springs but quite a few in little rock (the largest group was here) and quite a few in fayetteville

How is the weather compared to the north part of the city..i.e. fayetteville etc...

Hot Springs seems to have alot to do..food, live music, outdoors galore..not ideal weather but warmer than i have now in new mexico, which i HATE

Also..are there any young people...I am early 40's and single and have a pet sitting business as well as a spiritual one.

Thanks for any advise..i was not even considering this state as I don't think I will fit in here but the cost of living, the warmth and beauty have made this a contender, however the lack of open minded people i read about might keep me out (no offense please..i just resonate with those who are liberal and spiritual as opposed to religious and conservative..though we are all beautiful people!!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2016, 12:48 PM

Default thinking of moving to hot springs or fayetteville

hi all..thought i posted this but it go deleted..

i am looking to relocate to a state that is affordable, warm weather and has beautiful nature...i have been looking in every state in the US...i recently came across hot springs ak and feel guided to the spiritual energy there..however (and a big reason i never considered this state), i am a very liberal and spiritual person and i am afraid i would not meet like minded people in this state..i hear fayetteville is more liberal but might not have the same energy of hot springs (there are spiritual reasons i'd like to be there)

The confusion is that i am reading confusion information..some of what i read says that there is a community of healers there, which makes sense...other places i read say do not move here if you are liberal and not religious

any clarity on this will help..i was attracted to hot springs because it seems to be a nice size town with alot to do in the way of nature, water, music, food, and cost of living and the fact that it is not frigid is a huge plus because i can't tolerate the cold whatsoever, otherwise id move to the midwest.

thanks for any info on the people, the climate, music scene, affordabilityetc etc...

Old 11-18-2016, 01:15 PM

1,221 posts, read 1,902,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fromnewmexicotounknown View Post
hi all..thought i posted this but it go deleted..

i am looking to relocate to a state that is affordable, warm weather and has beautiful nature...i have been looking in every state in the US...i recently came across hot springs ak and feel guided to the spiritual energy there..however (and a big reason i never considered this state), i am a very liberal and spiritual person and i am afraid i would not meet like minded people in this state..i hear fayetteville is more liberal but might not have the same energy of hot springs (there are spiritual reasons i'd like to be there)

The confusion is that i am reading confusion information..some of what i read says that there is a community of healers there, which makes sense...other places i read say do not move here if you are liberal and not religious

any clarity on this will help..i was attracted to hot springs because it seems to be a nice size town with alot to do in the way of nature, water, music, food, and cost of living and the fact that it is not frigid is a huge plus because i can't tolerate the cold whatsoever, otherwise id move to the midwest.

thanks for any info on the people, the climate, music scene, affordabilityetc etc...

Not trying to be a smart-, but it's AR not AK . Anyway, I'll admit my bias up front - I'm a booster of central and west central AR (Hot Springs) and I'm sure some northwest AR (Fayetteville) boosters will jump in here as soon as they read your Post. I don't think you should be concerned about fitting in, in H.S., because there is such a mixture of people from all over the US. I feel sure if you look around you can find your niche. And as far as things to do - with the lakes, rivers, and Ouachita Mountains west of H.S. you can spend a lifetime and not see it all. Hiking, biking, camping, fishing, boating, and on and on and ---- I hope you decide on AR and if you do; Welcome to The Natural State. Oh, not that makes any difference, but what part of NM are you living? I have spent lots of time in NM and AZ.

Old 11-18-2016, 01:33 PM

i appreciate it...i just don't want to move somewhere where i won't have a person in the world to talk to lol

oh..i live in santa fe and spent time in albuquerque as well..i lived in phoenix az for 9 years..

Old 11-18-2016, 02:42 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,649,748 times
Quote:
i appreciate it...i just don't want to move somewhere where i won't have a person in the world to talk to lol
Oh come on, surely you don't pick your friends based on their political party? I have friends on both sides, we don't talk much politics though.

Old 11-18-2016, 02:46 PM

not talking about politics...i have liberal beliefs and am about as non religious as they come...its more about people being open minded than what political party they affiliate with.

Old 11-18-2016, 05:54 PM

139 posts, read 136,940 times
If you are Liberal choose Fayetteville.
After what happened Jacie Leopold I have been warned to be careful even visiting Hot Springs. The cops in Hot Springs apparently will refuse to help you if you are trans. I thought my car had been stolen once in Fayetteville, talked to a very nice officer in Fayetteville and mentioned that my name had been legally changed to Sara. Knowing I was trans he still went out of his way and found my car at the walmart next to me. I had forgot I drove and walked home and then went to bed since I do walk over to the walmart a lot. Officer Hanby I think, thank you.

The Dangers of Being Transgender -- The Attack On Jacie Leopold | The Huffington Post

I haven't met Jacie but we are facebook friends and I know people that heard her speak in Fayetteville before she left Arkansas.

Old 11-18-2016, 11:05 PM

i dont know anything about jacie????

Old 11-19-2016, 12:05 AM

139 posts, read 136,940 times
Quote:
i dont know anything about jacie????
You can google it

Fayetteville is great though I'm an atheist and open about being transgender with most people and mostly nobody cares.

Food, music, I imagine Fayetteville will win. Rockclimber is pretty gay for Fayetteville they could probably write you a few paragraphs about how great it is.

Old 11-19-2016, 12:10 AM

oh my...i am confused then...pardon my ignorance but isnt it much cold in N arkansas??? i detest cold...

this is really turning me off to hot springs..that was my top contender re cities ;( didnt realize it was so unsafe there...i live near albuquerque nm now..i dont need another unsafe.

i was even considering eureka springs but might be too small and cold for me...fayettevile might be a bit big for me...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas