Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2010, 12:45 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,468,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
Hey! How's the fried squirrel in yer neck of the woods?
Plentiful. Why, there's even a nearby town where all the squirrels are white instead of red or gray. Sumpin' fer everone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Of course, Californians never hear stereotypes from the rest of the country, especially the South, do they Curmudgie?
Never! Just truths, especially 'bout the Bay Area!

Old 11-05-2010, 01:06 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,944,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Plentiful. Why, there's even a nearby town where all the squirrels are white instead of red or gray. Sumpin' fer everone!

yOU are joking about Fried squirrel aren't you?

Old 11-05-2010, 01:09 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,010,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Joking? Fried on a stick. Head's the crunchiest part! Most nootrishus too!

Old 11-05-2010, 01:31 PM

Quote:
I've eaten it. Not bad!

Old 11-05-2010, 01:56 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,934,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
You certainly grew up to be a healthy adult eating all that fruit, nuts, tofu and alfalfa sprouts that the law requires all us rich, plastic and fake Californians to eat. (there, I hit on multiple stereotypes in that one)

As far as the Bay Area... well... it's the Bay Area.

How's this for a Bay Area stereotype:

Question:
What do you get with a Chinese-American woman, a man who used to be a woman, and a woman who used to be a man?

Spoiler
The San Francisco Police Department - File:Transgender-SFPD.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 11-05-2010, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
How's this for a Bay Area stereotype:

Question:
What do you get with a Chinese-American woman, a man who used to be a woman, and a woman who used to be a man?

Spoiler
The San Francisco Police Department - File:Transgender-SFPD.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
And with three, don't you get egg roll?

Old 11-05-2010, 03:01 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,866,625 times
Quote:
This is the most hunting oriented state that I have ever lived in...Geez they just passed a constittional amendment to make it a right. I am not saying that hunting is good or bad, but lets be honest about how important and prevalant it is here. Organized Religion...I live in baptist central so I am little biased. IF you use the word libs...you are probably a republican, I don't know anyone here, (and I know a lot) who does not own a gun and I know plenty who own arsenals. I have also been to towns here that look like something out of deliverance, which was filmed in Georgia by the way....Rudy Arkansas as an example.

Speaking of Georgia, once you get out of Metro Atlanta it looks an awful lot like Arkansas.
Now you can say you know someone who does not own a gun.

Old 11-05-2010, 04:21 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,944,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Wow. I thought about it and I did think of another person, but he is a convicted felon and prevented by law from owning a gun. So I guess I know two.

So I guess if you don't own a gun you don't hunt either? Do you really live in this state? The next thing you are going to tell me is that you are not Baptist, Methodist or Pentacostal.

I am just messing with you.

Old 11-05-2010, 07:05 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia Bradley View Post
Yes, yes... I *totally* agree that Arkansas is a lot more culturally progressive (though not politically progressive [except in places like Eureka Springs, Fayetteville, etc.. though there'd obviously be a handful of liberals in any small community and quite a few in, say, Little Rock] - totally different animals, really) in many ways than the rural (East) Coastal South. I think there's some Midwestern/inland influence going on - even in KY and TN. (What I saw of WV, for instance, was a lot more 'backwards' and 'strange' than either of those places, even though I do dearly love WV.) I really think a lot of it has to do with AR having a more sizeable middle class than a lot of the rural coastal South (I'm going to stick WV in there, too, because of its 'Eastern-ness', and that's the variable mostly at issue, here, I think). I used to live in Missouri and miss it terribly - I also miss having access to really cool AR towns like Eureka Springs, Mountain View, etc.
Politically progressive, what do you consider Politically progressive, liberal views only?

Nita

Old 11-05-2010, 07:07 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
but maybe cause he hasn't personally met either of us, he doesn't consider knowing us. We have never owned a gun and never will. I came from a family of hunters (CA I will add) but that doesn't mean I hunt nor does hubby.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas