Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2010, 01:48 PM

511 posts, read 799,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I'm sorry. Do you think people from the Deep South all wear overalls and have buck teeth? Really?

Men wearing black nail polish is unusual anywhere. It's unusual in Texas, and it's unusual in Arkansas and it's unusual in California. The question wasn't posed in a negative fashion. It was a simple expression of curiosity.

I worn the black fingernails around Texas, and not one person made a comment about it. Yes, it is unusual in Texas, but people are more considerate and don't question a person's choice of dress or decoration. It wasn't any of his business, and I certainly shouldn't have to justify my choices.

It was my first experience of the attitude here. People just blurt out whatever they want with no consideration to other people's feelings.

Old 11-08-2010, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimballette View Post
Excellent example of the headache that is life in Arkansas! Cable companies/internet guys never inconvenience customers in the other 49 states. Kudos to you, Dave! Bravo!

Gross sarcasm = rudeness in my book. Not doing very well proving me wrong. The difference with AR is the level of service is consistently bad.

Old 11-08-2010, 01:53 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,052,964 times
Looks like Arkansas has some educational attainment issues as well.

http://www.census.gov/prod/2003pubs/c2kbr-24.pdf

Arkansas is the second lowest state in population with a bachelors degree 16.7%
and fifth lowest state in population with a high school or better degree 75.3%

Texas where I live has similarly low numbers 75.7% and 23.2% and it is an embarrassment to the state.

Even Puerto Rico has a higher college educated population with 18.3%, but a lower population with high school or better at 60%.

Fortunately for Arkansas that is changing, as it was one of the states that had the highest rate of increase in educational attainment in the last 10 years.

Old 11-08-2010, 01:55 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,159,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdave35 View Post
Gross sarcasm = rudeness in my book.
What about gross exaggeration? Apparently you don't consider that rude.

Quote:
Not doing very well proving me wrong.
Sorry to burst your bubble, sparky, but I don't live in Arkansas. Thanks for playing though!

Old 11-08-2010, 01:58 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,866,625 times
Quote:
I worn the black fingernails around Texas, and not one person made a comment about it. Yes, it is unusual in Texas, but people are more considerate and don't question a person's choice of dress or decoration. It wasn't any of his business, and I certainly shouldn't have to justify my choices.

It was my first experience of the attitude here. People just blurt out whatever they want with no consideration to other people's feelings.
An expression of curiosity is not a demand that you justify your choices. Again, your feelings seem to be extremely sensitive.

Old 11-08-2010, 02:02 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,866,625 times
Quote:
Gross sarcasm = rudeness in my book. Not doing very well proving me wrong. The difference with AR is the level of service is consistently bad.
I beg to differ. Recently I had a termite inspection done on my home. The service provider was on time. He took the time to ask me if there were any places I was concerned about. He spent forty-five minutes under the house, and going around it, even inspecting the aging deck off the back. He was polite, thorough, and very professional. And he left some promotional gifts as well.

Nine out of ten of my service experiences have been equally positive.

I think you get back what you put out there. If you're polite and friendly and reasonable, that's what you get back.

Old 11-08-2010, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewizard16 View Post
Bad customer service, which both of the examples here are indicative of, has very little to do with where you live. I used to work as a customer service manager for a company that's pretty widespread, and unfortunately bad customer service, in all shapes and forms, exists everywhere.
My issue with you is you don't "report" your experiences, you go off on tirades about them and insult the state at every possible opportunity. You've complained about dozens of subjects, from people speeding, to shameful pride that a small town was no longer on a "Best Places to Live" list, to extrapolating your bad experience with a doctor to all doctors in an area, to insisting that everyone in Central AR is rude and uncaring. You like to complain, whine, and use what you tell us are your experiences to defend your continuous insulting nature about the entire state. You have even told us that "Even if a single person agrees with me, that is proof enough that the problem is NOT me", which is a huge logical fallacy as has been proven throughout history repeatedly (not to mention more than a little egotistical). Millions of people thought the earth was flat, believed in spontaneous generation, and cults pop up all the time.
Anyone can find things to complain about, and yes, there are always problems with an area. Some people are just negative people and won't be happy no matter what, which is how you come off on here. I don't think anyone has made claims that the state is perfect or some sort of utopia (nowhere I've been is), but it's a far cry better than any one of your posts would have us believe.

First, for someone who calls himself the wizard, you sure don't know how to use paragraphs very well.

Secondly, everything I've posted is 100% factual experiences that happened to me. I don't post positive experiences because there really are none. If I wrote to say that my experience living here has been wonderful, I would be lying.

If I were nothing but a negative complainer, I would have griped about my experiences in places like Tyler, TX. Yet, I never felt so mistreated to compell me to write letters of complaint to businesses, or have some jackwagon put a note on my car telling me to learn to park as I did here.

I have been clear that I believe it is a Benton\Bryant attitude, and people are a bit more friendly in LR, and NWA is a world of difference.

Thirdly, if you don't like my posts, don't read them.

Old 11-08-2010, 02:04 PM

Quote:
What about gross exaggeration? Apparently you don't consider that rude.

Sorry to burst your bubble, sparky, but I don't live in Arkansas. Thanks for playing though!

Guess that explains your charming personality.

Old 11-08-2010, 02:08 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,159,641 times
Quote:
Guess that explains your charming personality.
LOL! Dave, that was a pretty lame attempt at a witty retort. Have a great day. Try not to get too worked up by those wascally wabbits/Arkansans.

Old 11-08-2010, 02:13 PM

Quote:
LOL! Dave, that was a pretty lame attempt at a witty retort. Have a great day. Try not to get too worked up by those wascally wabbits/Arkansans.
Why are you even posting on a AR forum?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas