Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2017, 07:23 AM

448 posts, read 365,909 times

Advertisements

We have been looking around Arkansas. We have family in Farmington. Although its nice its not as beautiful IMO as Hot Springs area. Seems its a bit more flat and a lot more expensive. I like the idea of the gated security of HSV but also like the idea of a bit of land outside the village. I see there are a lot of homes in the village that are secluded. Some offer extra lots. Does the village charge extra dues if you own a lot adjacent to your home? How safe is the Village compared to land just outside the village say with in half a mile from the boarder?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2017, 08:40 AM

490 posts, read 1,266,584 times
You must pay monthly assessments on any lot you own, $65.50 for improved lot (house, water meter) and $37.80 for unimproved lot. Outside the village is safe, you do have petty crimes everywhere, even in the village but you don't see carjackings, muggings, gangs, etc in this area. If you want seclusion within the village, I have seen some 9 acre lots for sale around the Glazier Peau gate area. Go by the POA and look at some plot maps, you will find some large lots.

Also I don't think you will find much land within half a mile of either gate.

Old 04-07-2017, 01:10 PM

4,901 posts, read 8,755,652 times
Keep in mind there are no restrictions outside the gates, either....which means any old dumb redneck can move right up next to you, park all his junk cars in his front yard, keep 50 barking dogs in a pen (or let his pit bull run all over your land), shoot shotguns off his back porch, etc. Don't laugh, we had someone complaining about this at one time on this forum....they had bought acreage outside the Village and had the "shooting" problem. Then there is always the concern of nearby meth labs with secluded acreage. I'd go with the Village if you really love the HS area.

Old 04-07-2017, 01:35 PM

340 posts, read 516,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
Keep in mind there are no restrictions outside the gates, either....which means any old dumb redneck can move right up next to you, park all his junk cars in his front yard, keep 50 barking dogs in a pen (or let his pit bull run all over your land), shoot shotguns off his back porch, etc. Don't laugh, we had someone complaining about this at one time on this forum....they had bought acreage outside the Village and had the "shooting" problem. Then there is always the concern of nearby meth labs with secluded acreage. I'd go with the Village if you really love the HS area.
This is exactly what we ran into 4 years ago when we were looking for a house.

When you consider everything, the amenities inside the village, plus things you may not think of like high speed internet, excellent water quality (tap water), and the security of the village. It was a no brained for us, we stopped looking outside the village fairly quickly and concentrated on finding our perfect place in HSV. The $65 a month dues is worth every penny.

Old 04-08-2017, 12:21 PM

288 posts, read 1,080,065 times
The 5+ acre lots are in DeVaca, Olmedo, and Gomara subdivisions. They are all north of the Mesero Way ridge. Other that that, the only 5+ acre lots are Reserved property (owned by Cooper), or a lot that used to be Reserved property.

Old 04-08-2017, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffAtkins View Post
The 5+ acre lots are in DeVaca, Olmedo, and Gomara subdivisions. .
How much do those go for? And what kind of restrictions do they have?

Old 04-11-2017, 08:48 AM

I'm not sure if any are currently listed, but probably $10,000-$20,000. Same restrictions as any other HSV lot, but probably easier to get a wavier if you want to do something a little different.

I own one, but don't have it listed currently. DM if interested.

Old 04-11-2017, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffAtkins View Post
Same restrictions as any other HSV lot,
And those restrictions are? (this kind of stuff is hard to find on the hsvpoa website)

I love the older, chalet-style houses with the large windows in back, but they are mostly in such shabby shape, besides being butted right up next to one another. Your post got me to wondering if buying a lot like you mentioned and putting a small, new house on it might be better.

Old 04-12-2017, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
And those restrictions are? (this kind of stuff is hard to find on the hsvpoa website)

I love the older, chalet-style houses with the large windows in back, but they are mostly in such shabby shape, besides being butted right up next to one another. Your post got me to wondering if buying a lot like you mentioned and putting a small, new house on it might be better.
No farm animals, no barking dogs, no RVs parked in driveway for extended period, stuff like that.

Governing Documents - Hot Springs Village Property Owner's AssociationHot Springs Village | Hot Springs, Arkansas

Old 04-12-2017, 08:46 PM

Oh, ok, I've heard of those....I was thinking more of building restrictions. Is there a lower limit on the square footage? I would just want a small home. What about modular homes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas