Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 12:50 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
It was in Centerton. It was covered on the local news. Like Channel 5. Wal-Mart did issue a statement.
ok, I will take your word for it. I do watch 5 every night and in the early morning and can't understand how i missed it or how no one I know who watches 5 saw it. As for NBC we do not watch it: We watch 5, CNN, PBS and FOX for most of our news.
I might be wrong and thanks for clarifying that but it doesn't make up for the statements the poster made, indicating I am a racist or saying Bentonville is only 5 miles from where I live. Evan if you are at Town Center you are more than 5 miles from exit 93 which as you know is more, the first Bentonville turnoff. And we all know Centerton is a heck of a lot further from Bella Vista than Bentonville is.

Old 05-25-2017, 12:53 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
The lady in the video was a complete b**ch, no doubt about it. I guess my point is that there are people who are rude and act like a$$holes everyay, I've dealt with some more times than I'd care to remember. However, there were no Yahoo stories and Wal mart does not issue statements. The only reason this is a *story* is because of the races involved. If it had been reversed, you'd have never heard about it. The media is a joke these days and responsible for a lot of the divisiveness in the country. They are very one-sided on most issues.
Hubby said pretty much the same thing this morning: as he put it: and this is Yahoo news? .

Old 05-25-2017, 01:00 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:
I never said otherwise, my complaint is about the media and how they are one-sided.
My point is that the should be one-sided, against racism.

Old 05-25-2017, 01:27 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,652,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
My point is that the should be one-sided, against racism.
You're still not getting it. The media would have been completely silent had the races been reversed, and that's how the mainstream media is one-sided. What happened in this video is hardly even an "incident", it was racial slurs thrown around at a Wal Mart. I experienced similar instance against myself while pumping gas in McComb. No story was written. No one else really cared.

Old 05-25-2017, 01:33 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:
You're still not getting it. The media would have been completely silent had the races been reversed, and that's how the mainstream media is one-sided. What happened in this video is hardly even an "incident", it was racial slurs thrown around at a Wal Mart. I experienced similar instance against myself while pumping gas in McComb. No story was written. No one else really cared.
I do get it.

The media shouldn't be completely silent if it's a case of black versus white racism. The media, and all of us, should be outspoken against ALL racism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas