Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 06:51 PM

10 posts, read 8,659 times

Advertisements

Me and the wife are looking at homes in Bella Vista. We found one that is nice and will fit our needs. We went back for a second look and it was under contract but it was with an escape clause. The contract had a contingency of the buyers home selling. They would have 72 hours to come up with the money if someone like me who is a cash buyer makes an offer. I am at a bit of a loss at where to make the offer. I feel cash deserves a bit of break on price. How much under the asking would you offer on this situation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2017, 09:36 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,652,172 times
Why do you think cash deserves a break on price? The seller receives the same amount on their check whether you're cash or taking a mortgage.

Old 08-25-2017, 10:01 PM

1,394 posts, read 1,402,902 times
^^^^this is so true, as cash is not always king for the seller. Most buyers with a mortgage don't care how much they pay, just make sure the payments are adjusted to be low and as long as possible. Works on high $$$ cars also.

Bottom line, make the same offer as the mortgage offer, just close quicker.

Goog luck and welcome to nwa.

Old 08-25-2017, 10:11 PM

1,187 posts, read 1,328,918 times
If I was the seller I would not kick someone out of escrow for a lower offer.

Also, the 72 hr clause is likely that the buyer remove the contingency that they had to sell their house first not that they had 72hrs to come up with the cash.

Old 08-25-2017, 10:44 PM

I did not really want responses form people who did not understand the process. First off the 72 hours means that the people who have the contingency on their home selling most likely do not have cash to buy the home. This means they have 72 hours to get a loan and if you knew what you were talking about you would know just to get the house appraised will take a week or two. I can close in two weeks and that is because of the title company. Second Cash is king in that I am not tagged to a bank that needs to jump through hoops such as appraisals and surveys and all the other things that take a couple of months to go through. Good god this site is full of such BSers.

Old 08-25-2017, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameltrain View Post
I did not really want responses form people who did not understand the process. First off the 72 hours means that the people who have the contingency on their home selling most likely do not have cash to buy the home. This means they have 72 hours to get a loan and if you knew what you were talking about you would know just to get the house appraised will take a week or two. I can close in two weeks and that is because of the title company. Second Cash is king in that I am not tagged to a bank that needs to jump through hoops such as appraisals and surveys and all the other things that take a couple of months to go through. Good god this site is full of such BSers.
I'm a licensed real estate agent. The 72 hours is to remove the contingency. I usually put 48 hours on contracts.

It doesn't take a couple of months for a conventional loan to close. Often can close in 30 days. Offering cash is a great guarantee that you will close without being hung up or denied a mortgage, but in the end, the seller's check is no different.

Old 08-25-2017, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
I'm a licensed real estate agent. The 72 hours is to remove the contingency. I usually put 48 hours on contracts.

It doesn't take a couple of months for a conventional loan to close. Often can close in 30 days. Offering cash is a great guarantee that you will close without being hung up or denied a mortgage, but in the end, the seller's check is no different.
We are not talking about the end result that is just ridiculous to think that is even what was being talked about. A loan can close if they can get a loan without selling their home which very well may have a mortgage on it. You can close in 30 days if all is in place. I highly doubt all is in place. I would bet even if one could get a loan you are much more than 30 days to close. I would say more like 60. I also doubt they would buy a home with out selling their existing home. Cash gets rid of all the red tape. All it takes in one domino to fall wrong in the chain and it all comes apart. With cash its easiepiesy.

Old 08-25-2017, 11:03 PM

Quote:
We are not talking about the end result that is just ridiculous to think that is even what was being talked about. A loan can close if they can get a loan without selling their home which very well may have a mortgage on it. You can close in 30 days if all is in place. I highly doubt all is in place. I would bet even if one could get a loan you are much more than 30 days to close. I would say more like 60. I also doubt they would buy a home with out selling their existing home. Cash gets rid of all the red tape. All it takes in one domino to fall wrong in the chain and it all comes apart. With cash its easiepiesy.
Good luck!

Old 08-25-2017, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
Good luck!
You don't need luck when you have cash. LOL

Old 08-25-2017, 11:10 PM

Quote:
You don't need luck when you have cash. LOL

too bad you can't buy a better attitude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas