Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 08:23 PM

133 posts, read 486,357 times

Advertisements

I might be moving up there and wondering if it's safe to walk early evenings or daylight. Peaceful? Quiet? Decent and respectable? Safe, is my main concern. Thanks much for any information anyone has to offer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2017, 09:06 PM

1,221 posts, read 1,903,364 times
You probably mean Cammack Village. If so, it is an incorporated city within Little Rock, on the north east edge between I-430 and I-30. I only know what I read and hear but I have not heard anything negative about it. I get the impression it is an older upper middle class close-knit community. With that, I suspect it is very safe but don't know that for a fact. A visit and look-see would be most appropriate.

Old 10-11-2017, 09:57 PM

Curse it, a spelling error. Thank you, Fossil, for pointing that out. Thank you for the information, that is very helpful. Yes, I do plan to run up there in the not too distant future and take a look around. A girl needs to find out where all the good stuff is ahead of time; library, yoga studios, hairdresser, and so on.

Old 10-12-2017, 09:07 AM

1,394 posts, read 1,401,923 times
i actually shopped for a home in cammack village a few years ago and ended up with one in west little rock. but, the area is probably safer, to some degree, than other areas around it. the reason for this, they have their own police dept and they are a very small area just west of "the heights." ("the heights" being a very expensive and desirable neighborhood) we had a couple of family members live in cammack in the past and they never had any issues.

the main reason we picked west little rock, was timing. everything we looked at and/or made an offer on in cammack, just didn't work out and the west lr home was purchased without any real hitches. bottom line: i wouldn't have any issues with buying in cammack.

Old 10-12-2017, 12:21 PM

Thank you, latunafish. That is very helpful and exactly the kind of thing I needed to know.

Old 10-13-2017, 11:05 AM

998 posts, read 1,236,516 times
They do have their own police force, and houses range from several million dollars to probably $150,000. There are some "poorer" areas but in general it's small, safe and quiet.
Just don't go more than 3 MPH over the speed limit or roll through a stop sign ... because their police force is vigilant.

Most of Little Rock does not have sidewalks or street lights in neighborhoods ... one of the downsides of living in a very very low property tax state.

Old 10-17-2017, 06:18 AM

12 posts, read 12,571 times
LR had a lot of people form the NOLA area that are the wrong kind of people move in after Katrina. Now LR has become sketchy IMO. I would not live there. And I would only go to the area such as where the Clinton library and River Market area is and only during day time.

Old 10-30-2017, 05:56 AM

No street lights or sidewalks is pretty much the norm here???? Wow. I haven't moved there, things didn't work out that way. I'm not going to be in LR, will be outside of town in a private subdivision but I realise nothing is guaranteed anywhere. I've seen much the same thing in several places, now that you mention it, no sidewalks and not many street lights. I will walk in the daytime only, I guess, continue to carry my concealed weapons, and work out at home or at a fitness center. I knew LR was rough and wouldn't go right into town unless I had no other choice. Thanks.

Old 10-30-2017, 01:23 PM

827 posts, read 659,871 times
Nothing is safe,

Old 10-31-2017, 07:32 PM

998 posts, read 1,236,516 times
The normal places in Little Rock are perfectly safe ... as safe is pretty much any other medium sized city. Cammack Village is also very safe and the issue with no street lights or sidewalks is just because of low taxes and not a whole lot of tax money.

Where I come from taxes on $100,000 house would be $5,000, where as in Little Rock they're closer to $1,000. Less tax money from residential property and not a huge manufacturing base for business taxes fewer services and "luxuries."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas