Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2018, 11:54 AM

38 posts, read 54,417 times

Advertisements

Considering making a move to Cherokee Village in the near future. Can anyone tell me if it's only good as a retirement area, or are there any decent local jobs there? I don't see many listings for employment as of the moment. I may be retiring within the next few years, but I'm in Illinois and I'm really fed up with most everything related to Illinois, especially the frigid winters and the high property taxes. I'd really like to move sooner than later. I've been browsing the realestate listings for CV, Fairfield Bay, Heber Springs, and Greers Ferry areas. All places that I have been to or at least passed thru in past years. I like all above mentioned places from what I could see of them. I need to find a dog friendly area though as I have 3 lab mixes, and one has a bit of pitbull in her. I don't want them subject to any adverse conditions or breed specific legislation as they are all very loving and sweet dogs. They are a priority in my life and I want to keep them all safe. So any pro and con information would be greatly appreciated. Information on pet friendly, jobs, safety, etc would be great. Thanks in advance.

I'm not a wealthy person, so cost factors keep bringing me back to CV and the reasonable home prices and apparently low property taxes there. What are the downsides to living there if any? Or should I focus my attention on other areas? My dogs require a fenced in yard, are there ordinances on fences there that I need to know about up front?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2018, 06:29 AM

14 posts, read 18,631 times
I have never been to CV, so I can only offer general information/opinion. It's my understanding that CV is a "planned" community, and they tend to have more rules regarding the number of animals permitted on a property, ect.
I found a link to animal control, by searching for CV. You might want to contact them directly about your dog concerns. Hope this little bit is helpful to you.

City of Cherokee Village, Arkansas

Old 04-16-2018, 11:18 AM

Thank you for the reply.

Old 04-16-2018, 12:50 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karenc60548 View Post
Thank you for the reply.
My answer would be similar to the first one. The restrictions can be a bit hard for some to take. WE haven't been there but we do live in BV which was planned by the same company as CV and HS village. We have no problems with the restrictions. There will be POA monthly assessment but if like Bella Vista they are not bad at all. HSV are much higher. The company that planned all 3 communities have several others throughout the south. I say several, about 6 or so I think. BTW the restrictions on fences, if like here are pretty relaxed but there still will be some. Good luck with you possible future move. This is a great state to live in.

Old 04-16-2018, 09:38 PM

Thanks for the info. I do have some reservations about additional rules and restrictions when it comes to homeowner associations...call me a rebel I guess, just not really keen on being told what I can and cannot do when I own my own property. But, of course I'd need to investigate all such rules well ahead of any decision to move. We stayed in CV a number of years ago while vacationing. I did like it back then, and the prices seem to be a bit more reasonable than other similar areas.

Old 04-17-2018, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I do have some reservations about additional rules and restrictions when it comes to homeowner associations...call me a rebel I guess, just not really keen on being told what I can and cannot do when I own my own property. But, of course I'd need to investigate all such rules well ahead of any decision to move. We stayed in CV a number of years ago while vacationing. I did like it back then, and the prices seem to be a bit more reasonable than other similar areas.
Just from what I have heard, I think you may find it has changed a little or maybe a lot in the past several years. Yes, it is less expensive than other Copper developments. That is for certain.

Old 04-17-2018, 05:42 AM

827 posts, read 659,138 times
Quote:
Considering making a move to Cherokee Village in the near future. Can anyone tell me if it's only good as a retirement area, or are there any decent local jobs there? I don't see many listings for employment as of the moment. I may be retiring within the next few years, but I'm in Illinois and I'm really fed up with most everything related to Illinois, especially the frigid winters and the high property taxes. I'd really like to move sooner than later. I've been browsing the realestate listings for CV, Fairfield Bay, Heber Springs, and Greers Ferry areas. All places that I have been to or at least passed thru in past years. I like all above mentioned places from what I could see of them. I need to find a dog friendly area though as I have 3 lab mixes, and one has a bit of pitbull in her. I don't want them subject to any adverse conditions or breed specific legislation as they are all very loving and sweet dogs. They are a priority in my life and I want to keep them all safe. So any pro and con information would be greatly appreciated. Information on pet friendly, jobs, safety, etc would be great. Thanks in advance.

I'm not a wealthy person, so cost factors keep bringing me back to CV and the reasonable home prices and apparently low property taxes there. What are the downsides to living there if any? Or should I focus my attention on other areas? My dogs require a fenced in yard, are there ordinances on fences there that I need to know about up front?
If your dogs are nice and quiet and you keep then in your yard there should be no problem.

Old 04-17-2018, 05:59 AM

827 posts, read 659,138 times
I would suggest visiting the area before moving here. There is the days inn and spring River lodge, also camping at the Hardy Camper park. Contact one of the canoeing or float places for a tour of the river. Get a fishing license go fishing. There is plenty of things to do to occupy your time. If you like or dislike Cherokee Village depends on what you like to do.
Enjoy your visit.

Old 04-17-2018, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Town View Post
I would suggest visiting the area before moving here. There is the days inn and spring River lodge, also camping at the Hardy Camper park. Contact one of the canoeing or float places for a tour of the river. Get a fishing license go fishing. There is plenty of things to do to occupy your time. If you like or dislike Cherokee Village depends on what you like to do.
Enjoy your visit.

great advise. I would imagine she will do more research and actually find a realtor that is willing to spend a few hours with her so she will have a true feel for the area. That is always what we did when considering a more. Our realtor here in Bella Vista was good and answered all our questions. she knew we were simply in the process of relocating. Of course when we made our decision she was there to help us. We eventually became good friends and she sold our daughter and family a home here.

Old 04-17-2018, 06:25 PM

4,596 posts, read 6,352,889 times
Check out Heber Springs, it may have more blue collar areas, and few restrictions.

Regards
Gemstone1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas