Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 06:35 AM

5,981 posts, read 18,264,452 times

Advertisements

Today's THV - KTHV Little Rock News Article

Thoughts to all in central Arkansas involved in the tornados last night. It is very, very serious...apparently one death is reported but unknown if it was related to the storm. Hang in there, LR/NLR/Saline County, Faulkner County, and all involved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2008, 07:50 AM

350 posts, read 1,287,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
Today's THV - KTHV Little Rock News Article

Thoughts to all in central Arkansas involved in the tornados last night. It is very, very serious...apparently one death is reported but unknown if it was related to the storm. Hang in there, LR/NLR/Saline County, Faulkner County, and all involved.
It was bad enough to be a lead story at cnn.com.

Worst tornado I remember in Central Arkansas. the one that hit the Quapaw Quarter a decade ago did a lot of damage but it was largely limited to a small area, this wasn't a big tornado but went right through some populous areas from one side of the metro to the other. Tons of school closures all over Central AR because of power outages, I-30 closed between Saline Co and LR because of flooding, streets flooded all over town. Streetlights out on Cantrell, Chenal, and other areas. The worst damage I saw seemed to be in Bryant and at the NLR airport.

Tornados rarely seem to hit LR proper for whatever reason. We weren't spared this time.

Old 04-04-2008, 11:02 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,110,658 times
My prayers are with you all. And I'm still coming.

Old 04-04-2008, 11:11 AM

452 posts, read 1,722,205 times
Downtown Central flooded again...looked like a river on the news. I worked at the Wax Museum in '90 when it happened and it wasn't pretty.

WE had NO wind whatsoever in our area. Our little creek out back was way over its banks but the bridge is still intact. Fire engines and rescue vehicles were going by here on their way to Bismark but I haven't heard what that was about. We never lost power until a couple of glitches this morning ... which was most likely due to water...our utilities are underground. Lightning was relentless!!

We were def ready to jump in the middle-of-the-house bathtub when we heard that Diamondhead had a funnel cloud in the area. That was way too close.

Had not heard about any deaths; that makes it so much harder!!

Hope everyone recovers. Hard to think this is only the beginning of the season.

Old 04-04-2008, 01:33 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
All that can be said: thoughts and prayers for all those affected by the storm whether directly or indirectly.

Nita

Old 04-04-2008, 04:54 PM

35 posts, read 233,110 times
We hit the closet twice last night. Had 4 to 5 inches of rain here at the house and a flooded back yard. The creek in Longhills flooded a few houses in the neighborhood but we were spared the Tornados. The one that hit Hurricane Lake did some pretty good damage in the mobile home park and destroyed several trees around the waterfall. The car dealership and the the lumber supply had damage as well. I haven't been back into the Hurricane Lake neighborhood yet to see if anything happened there. The flooding on I-30 was bad last night but wasn't too much of a problem this morning. The Hurricane Creek golf course was a lake with greens sticking out of it.

Old 04-04-2008, 05:24 PM

452 posts, read 1,722,205 times
Scary, wasn't it!!! Tonight will be an easy sleep for most. We were lucky and we know it.

Old 04-04-2008, 05:59 PM

369 posts, read 1,301,645 times
MY ELECTRICITY FINALLY CAME BACK ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I thought I was gonna die!

Old 04-04-2008, 06:20 PM

5,981 posts, read 18,264,452 times
NPP, we're so happy that you're happy! Electricity IS the greatest invention we take for granted...that and the water heater...hope you are safe and well. Supposed to be pretty weather tomorrow and for the next week - let's hope the tough times are behind us.

Old 04-08-2008, 05:55 PM

15 posts, read 72,230 times
Default So much damage...

Boy, I live out by Loop Rd. and the damage is REALLY sad. You can see right where the twister ripped through. Lots of homes damaged. Yes, we hit the closet too. I heard the calm before the storm, but not the actual storm. It was eerie to say the least. Well, what a fine WELCOME to Arkansas!! Nah, I'm kidding. It's nothing new for this midwesterner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas