Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2019, 07:52 AM

1 posts, read 1,295 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if anyone knew? I did a search and can not find anything past its ready or almost ready to harvest and they are ready to open. No definite date.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2019, 11:52 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times
Farms have been approved; the plan is in motion but don't hold your breath Just keep in mind it is going to happen. I will add the restrictions on who will be able to purchase it will be very strict, at least at the beginning

Old 03-24-2019, 04:18 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,525,658 times
Two are scheduled to open in Fayetteville, one in early May; it'll be in a shopping strip so won't have a lot of construction to do.

The other will be in a large stand alone building that I don't think has poured the foundation yet so it might be a few months.

Old 03-24-2019, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Farms have been approved; the plan is in motion but don't hold your breath Just keep in mind it is going to happen. I will add the restrictions on who will be able to purchase it will be very strict, at least at the beginning
Not really, I was surprised at how streamlined they made the process and how long the list of qualifying conditions is. The medical form is simple; there's a checklist of the eligible conditions. All a physician or osteopath has to do is put a checkmark by the condition being treated, enter their DEA #, sign & date it. (Their name and office address are of course needed but the patient can fill that in for them.)
The state even has a process in place to petition to add new conditions to the list.

With the physician form in hand, it couldn't be easier to get the card. You do it online. Other than the info on your DL/ID card (name/address/birthdate,etc.) the only information they ask for is your military status & last 4 SSN; then you upload your ID card and physician form, and pay the $50 (annual) fee with a CC. Even minors and persons diagnosed with Alzheimers can get one if a physician and their guardian or caregiver sign off.

https://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/pro...t-requirements

Old 03-24-2019, 05:23 PM

573 posts, read 585,117 times
It still seems like the requirements are vague. Does anxiety qualify? It doesn't explicitly list it. It seems it depends a lot on the doctor authorizing. Also if employers are still drug testing I'm not sure it will matter if we have a card or not they can still fire us.

Old 03-24-2019, 11:25 PM

697 posts, read 1,774,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motherscratcher View Post
Its fairly easy to get a card. I have mine. You can also go to Oklahoma to get it. They will recognize out of state medical cards that are current. If you have documented chronic pain from arthritis or some other kind of pain that has been going on for over a year you are OK. Mind you that you need to find a Dr that is not an ass. I had one that said she approves for MM and then she said only if you have pain that nothing else works for. LOL I said no one has that. She was an idiot who thought she could police who got one. I told her I found another Dr who looked at my transcripts and said I was golden having DA from construction for years. She wanted to know who it was. I told her it was private. Shop around you can find a Dr who will approve you.
Just because a doctor doesn't approve of it/your condition and another does does not mean that physician is "an ass". I work in this field and will put it this way: I have no problem with people using it if it benefits their quality of life and they use it responsibly, but I also am very aware that there's almost no good data to show efficacy or delineate side effects for the majority of conditions you can get it certified for, so I understand why many docs view it with skepticism or as a last resort. (And yes, people do have that kind of pain that nothing else works for. And yes, it is exactly within her role to decide if she feels it is medically appropriate for you to have one or not, even if someone else is more lax. It's called professional judgement and deciding what you feel is appropriate based off your 12+ years of post-graduate education, not being a policeman.)

As far as the dispensaries go it has been a very slow process but I'm told they expect to have some open (theoretically) within the next 2 years. We'll see.

Old 03-25-2019, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveswater_outdoors View Post
It still seems like the requirements are vague. Does anxiety qualify? It doesn't explicitly list it. It seems it depends a lot on the doctor authorizing.
A physician has to put a check by the specific condition being treated. There is no box or space for "Other".
If a condition is not listed on the Physician Form, it doesn't qualify period. Anxiety is not on it.

Old 03-26-2019, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Not really, I was surprised at how streamlined they made the process and how long the list of qualifying conditions is. The medical form is simple; there's a checklist of the eligible conditions. All a physician or osteopath has to do is put a checkmark by the condition being treated, enter their DEA #, sign & date it. (Their name and office address are of course needed but the patient can fill that in for them.)
The state even has a process in place to petition to add new conditions to the list.

With the physician form in hand, it couldn't be easier to get the card. You do it online. Other than the info on your DL/ID card (name/address/birthdate,etc.) the only information they ask for is your military status & last 4 SSN; then you upload your ID card and physician form, and pay the $50 (annual) fee with a CC. Even minors and persons diagnosed with Alzheimers can get one if a physician and their guardian or caregiver sign off. Loveswater_outdoors is in the medical field and if i remember right. He probably has a better idea of how easy or hard it will be to get more than we do.
https://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/pro...t-requirements
but do you think all or most doctors will just sign off regardless of the actual need? I sure know mine wouldn't.

Old 03-26-2019, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewizard16 View Post
Just because a doctor doesn't approve of it/your condition and another does does not mean that physician is "an ass". I work in this field and will put it this way: I have no problem with people using it if it benefits their quality of life and they use it responsibly, but I also am very aware that there's almost no good data to show efficacy or delineate side effects for the majority of conditions you can get it certified for, so I understand why many docs view it with skepticism or as a last resort. (And yes, people do have that kind of pain that nothing else works for. And yes, it is exactly within her role to decide if she feels it is medically appropriate for you to have one or not, even if someone else is more lax. It's called professional judgement and deciding what you feel is appropriate based off your 12+ years of post-graduate education, not being a policeman.)

As far as the dispensaries go it has been a very slow process but I'm told they expect to have some open (theoretically) within the next 2 years. We'll see.
Oh they should be open in less than 2 years. Let me add, if we all had the attitude you have there would be no reason for only using for medical reasons. We might as well adapt Ca or Co laws. I do think there are times when it can be very helpful. I do not approve of anyone who wants it using it. I have my personal reasons for my feelings.

Old 03-26-2019, 04:11 PM

697 posts, read 1,774,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Oh they should be open in less than 2 years. Let me add, if we all had the attitude you have there would be no reason for only using for medical reasons. We might as well adapt Ca or Co laws. I do think there are times when it can be very helpful. I do not approve of anyone who wants it using it. I have my personal reasons for my feelings.
No that's not what I meant... The argument for recreational uses are very different than the medical arguments and although I lean a little libertarian on a lot of my political views that wasn't what I was trying to say.

From a "medical" standpoint, I don't think it's a wonder drug by any means and I think there are downsides to it that have been minimized so far that will continue to become more apparent as more people use it. My perspective of stating "quality of life" and "responsible use" are the way I view all prescription medications, it doesn't mean I think that something that helps a patient in pain improve their functionality or minimize their suffering should be readily available for recreational use/open to just anyone... that certainly wasn't what I meant to imply.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
View detailed profiles of: