Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2020, 08:24 PM

1,387 posts, read 1,370,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
Have a parent in HSV. Very Nice place except I don’t give the local hospitals any credit. Parent went to er one night with gastrointestinal issues and a racing heart (turned out to be afib, told er dr. He didn’t know what was wrong but felt terrible). Dr. Diagnosed him with anxiety issues instead of afib, called in a script and sent him home. Dr responded with “well you’re old” when he told the er dr he felt really bad. Little Rock is where you want to be if seriously ill and even that is not a given. Same parent wound up in a Little Rock hospital a couple of years later with a heart issue. Doctors there told him there wasn’t anything they could do for him because he was too old. So they said to just call hospice and wait it out. Brought him to Texas where his problem was resolved and he is still healthy and living in HSV. Now the level of kindness and compassion among nursing staff etc at hospitals is super good but if you’re old, the hospitals likely won’t save your life if you’re really sick.
First, let me say I am sorry for your parent’s treatment at hot springs and Little Rock.

I have used the er at st vincent’s In hot springs on several occasions over the last few decades of having a weekend place there. I was satisfied each time and as recently as last year. The other hospital in hot springs, national park hospital, I have never used. I did a little research before I bought a place, and st Vincent’s seemed to be the best choice.

But, when I had some serious medical issues a few years ago, I went to Little Rock. I have used st Vincent and Baptist hospital in Little Rock and they are both top notch. While I haven’t personally used university medical center, I do know for a fact, it is also top notch, as is children’s hospital. But, in your defense, I do know what you are describing, as I had the same treatment at a hospital in pine bluff with my mom and my dad, back in the day. (As matter of fact, my blood pressure is up just remembering what I encountered) For that reason, I respect what you said and totally understand what you described. I just hope you never receive that kind of treatment again, here or anywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas